• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connect screen replacement issues

DJ Bellin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I recently replaced my 7 inch connext screen on my 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S.
Th replacement screen works great and was plug and play except for a couple issues:

1. my engine hours have reset to 0 after installing. Not sure why this would happen if the display is just a visual representation of the data in the ECU but…

2. My boat came stock with lights in the tower but I no longer have a software option for turning them on with the new connext screen. I also can’t turn them in from the manual light button below the screen. I do have a courtesy light option that works with four of the 8 lights in the boat seating areas in the front and back area. Just weird and didn’t notice until I was out after sunset last night.

Perhaps there is a software Update that is supposed to accompany the replacement of the screen but it is just wierd.

Anyone else have any ideas before I drive a couple hours to a service department and pay more money?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recently replaced my 7 inch connext screen on my 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S.
Th replacement screen works great and was plug and play except for a couple issues:

1. my engine hours have reset to 0 after installing. Not sure why this would happen if the display is just a visual representation of the data in the ECU but…

2. My boat came stock with lights in the tower but I no longer have a software option for turning them on with the new connext screen. I also can’t turn them in from the manual light button below the screen. I do have a courtesy light option that works with four of the 8 lights in the boat seating areas in the front and back area. Just weird and didn’t notice until I was out after sunset last night.

Perhaps there is a software Update that is supposed to accompany the replacement of the screen but it is just wierd.

Anyone else have any ideas before I drive a couple hours to a service department and pay more money?
There is a code to enter in on the diagnostic screen which is specific for each model.
Not sure what code your model is but maybe someone here with same year and model can verify the number for you. If it was set for a model without your options there is the possibility it wont let certain things work properly

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
There is a code to enter in on the diagnostic screen which is specific for each model.
Not sure what code your model is but maybe someone here with same year and model can verify the number for you. If it was set for a model without your options there is the possibility it wont let certain things work properly
I know on the 2021s you can enter a dealer mode and change the model of the boat. Maybe he needs to do that?

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Granted i have a different screen than you do, but when i replaced mine the engine hours where at 0. Until i started the motors, then the ECU communicated the information to the connext screen and i had my hours back.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can’t speak to the newer boats with connext, but in the first gen 240s I know from experience that the engine hours are stored in the guages not the ecms.

DJ Bellin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Granted i have a different screen than you do, but when i replaced mine the engine hours where at 0. Until i started the motors, then the ECU communicated the information to the connext screen and i had my hours back.
so I have run almost 10 hours since I have changed/swapped the screen out and the hours still have not updated yet.

Really not sure why it wouldn’t and honestly it is concerning that this is even a possibility. I am sure that there are some unethical folks out there that would take advantage of this to falsely represent less hours on the boat when selling.

DJ Bellin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know on the 2021s you can enter a dealer mode and change the model of the boat. Maybe he needs to do that?
This may very well be the case, any ideas how to enter dealer mode? I am hoping it is just something simple as this.

I also can’t turn on docking lights either.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This may very well be the case, any ideas how to enter dealer mode? I am hoping it is just something simple as this.

I also can’t turn on docking lights either.
It on the forum somewhere - I dont remember.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Try holding the settings button for a few seconds.

DJ Bellin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I found how to get into the diagnostics mode (hold down the system button in the connext screen for five seconds at startup) and I see the boat model button when I am in it but in order to change the boat parameters, I need to input a numerical code for my boat with the options installed.

i have no idea how to find this out, I searched for it on this forum but couldn’t find it.

Anyone have any input as to where this code might be found?

my boat is a 2015 242 Limited S. Courtesy lights on the tower and docking lights aren’t currently enabled along with half of the lights in the interior of the boat.

i appreciate the assistance and ya’ll…

I called my dealership/service department but they want the 275.00 to install the screen for labor and I have already replaced the unit as it was only four screws and one cable attachment. I can’t see driving that far and paying that much for a code. I understand they wanted me to buy the screen from them as well but it was over 1k more and the lead time was months.

***sigh***

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So I found how to get into the diagnostics mode (hold down the system button in the connext screen for five seconds at startup) and I see the boat model button when I am in it but in order to change the boat parameters, I need to input a numerical code for my boat with the options installed.

i have no idea how to find this out, I searched for it on this forum but couldn’t find it.

my boat is a 2015 242 Limited S. Courtesy lights on the tower and docking lights aren’t currently enabled along with half of the lights in the interior of the boat.

I called my dealership/service department but they want the 275.00 to install the screen for labor and I have already replaced the unit as it was only four screws and one cable attachment. I can’t see driving that far and paying that much for a code. I understand they wanted me to buy the screen from them as well but it was over 1k more and the lead time was months.

***sigh***

Would rather find the systems engineer for Yamaha and pay him $275 for information lol

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

***sigh***
Like i said prior you need someone here or elsewhere with the same boat to look in their screen to get you the code.
Start a thread titled 2015 242 limited s help
Maybe someone can chime in. 2016 limited s might be the same

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@cyclops has the same boat, check with him. Maybe he can help get the code for u

cyclops

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@cyclops has the same boat, check with him. Maybe he can help get the code for u
I got a new connext screen at one point and had to get the new code put in. My 2015 242 Limited S required:

Using the “BoatModel” number 3578 was required to fix this issue. Enter it, HOLD DOWN “apply”. That set it to “Ltd”. Restart unit. Enter 3578 again, same process. It changed to “Ltd S”; and the tower lights and dock lights suddenly were options again.

@DJ Bellin hope this helps

DJ Bellin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got a new connext screen at one point and had to get the new code put in. My 2015 242 Limited S required:

Using the “BoatModel” number 3578 was required to fix this issue. Enter it, HOLD DOWN “apply”. That set it to “Ltd”. Restart unit. Enter 3578 again, same process. It changed to “Ltd S”; and the tower lights and dock lights suddenly were options again.

@DJ Bellin hope this helps
that was it and it worked perfectly… thank you so much!!!

cyclops

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Radams

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just curious if you got hours back after doing this...