• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swapping connext for garmin

Freedomvango

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So, gee wiz question, since i don't have my boat anywhere nearby

Is the connext screen just an MFD? Can i remove that screen and just throw in a garmin chartplotter (like an 8610 or 943) on my 21 195S (yes custom cut blah blah) but is it a nmea 2k backbone?

I do Garmin empirbus stuff in the vans I build with RVC and MFDs and it doesn't care what display I use, all the data is in the components. Is the Yamaha the same?

I know the connext system is a little laggy and doesn't show some info like depths on the charts, and would like faster performance and higher resolution is the main reason for the switch. I know some others have a added a smaller raymarine and the like, but id really just like to swap out the whole thing if its doable

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So, gee wiz question, since i don't have my boat anywhere nearby
This has been asked many times - try the search function.
Is the connext screen just an MFD? Can i remove that screen and just throw in a garmin chartplotter (like an 8610 or 943) on my 21 195S (yes custom cut blah blah) but is it a nmea 2k backbone?
No.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really wish It would work, I would cut my dash to move my Garmin 93sv from the RAM mount replacing tachs and connext.

Freedomvango

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
This has been asked many times - try the search function.

No.
ironically it took me a shit ton of searches that really only applied to 2019 and prior boats and like two threads buried that answered it after i took a break and tried again this morning

however, i have seen mention of being able to redo a bunch of stuff with yamaha adapter tables to nmea2000 so then the only worry would be the no wake situation maybe according to others. ill play around with it. we have a few MFDs and parts laying around. either way ill add a chartplotter with a better sensor, but bigger is always better!