• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swim platform transom speakers

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have installed a substantial stereo in my boat and it rocks. Bass that rattles the boat and mods and highs that are defining inside the boat. Then you get out and walk to the beach and it's just ho hum. I am envious of the tower speaker guys! I have seen the SS boats and the 240s with transom speakers but they have different back rest cushions.

Anybody add transom speakers to their sx210? Pics? Should I take my back rest to an upholster and have them customized so that I can add transom speaker in the same manner they come from the factory?

If this has already been discussed in detail please feel free to share a link. I searched but didn't find what I was looking for. Thanks! Jason

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Lots of folks have put speakers behind the back rests, but not sure how the sound would travel to the beach when at rest. I'd imagine those sound fine in the water since a lot of sound would come from the "vents" under the backs, but if you were up higher I'm not sure how much sound (especially quality sound) you'd get.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought about mounting behind the back rest which I can see making the sound better on the transom or in close proximity but I can't image they would project out to the beach which would be 20-30' away. I can definitely hear my boat that far away but it lacks the lunch and quality it has inside the boat and I'm pushing the volume to an unbearable level inside the boat.

Thanks for the link. I will check that out now

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
they came on my 2014 212X and awesome! I had a 2006 SX23o and always wanted to ad some.....I recommend.

Don't put behind the back rests ....imo....put in same place they put on the '14 212X's.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Bacchus_fl , I have gone back and forth with where to put the transom speakers. I have settled on the transom wall between the upper and lower levels of the swim deck. I had them mounted on the wings outside the backrest cushions on my '08 230, but like you mentioned, the backrests wrap more on the newer boats, so my '12 240 would have to have the seatbacks cut down and redone to make room there. The wife isn't onboard with that and honestly, the lines of the boat don't look as good on the 242 IMO where the seat backs are squared off to accommodate them. So that area between the two decks it is. I know they will get wet there, but the JL MX650 is a completely sealed and marine capable speaker, so I am confident that it will work just fine there. @Jebinok has them mounted there on his SX210 as well, so I think you could go that route too as you both have the same hull. I can't remember Jeb's year model, I think a '12? Go with a good speaker back there so you don't have to mess with them. Good by meaning one that can take the abuse.

Top Bottom