• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swivel captain’s seat on ‘17 212X?

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is there a reason the captain’s seat doesn’t swivel 180 to face backwards or even 90 degrees? I noticed a bolt on the base that limits the swivel of the chair. If removed, I think this would allow it to work the way I want it to.

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’ve been wondering the same but haven’t investigated enough, let us know how it goes if you tinker with removing it to find out... I’ve got to find a way to get to the zerk fitting in the back of the engine bay as we need to complete our first service this week...

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've been confused by the same thing! Would be nice to flip it around along with the other one to watch the kids swim while taking a break from the sun.

SupetD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If you lift straight up on the seat it will come off the base. In the base post you will see an Allen screw on the outside of the post with a nut on the inside. Remove the Allen screw and nut, place the seat back on the post, you will then have full rotation of the seat. Takes less than 5 minutes to do, just be careful and don’t drop the nut inside the post.

MattyTee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had this problem and just rotated the base until it swiveled correctly.