• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swordfish with Asiago Cheese

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One of the advantageous living by the ocean is the ability to buy fresh fish at the dock. So yesterday I bought fresh swordfish and grilled it on the MAK 2 Star. I marinated it in Italian Salad dressing, grilled about 4 minutes on one side flipped it and top it with Asiago cheese and grilled for another 2 minutes. I served it over a bed of mixed greens and strawberries. The wine was a Cabernet Sauvignon from the Robert Craig winery in NAPA Valley.

Attachments

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow, that looks great! We don't have any swordfish in the great lakes but we do have some good markets nearby.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pre Memorial day BBQ feast of Babyback ribs, BBQ chicken thighs, bake beans, corn bread and grilled corn on the cobLRG_DSC06962.JPG

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One of the advantageous living by the ocean is the ability to buy fresh fish at the dock.
@John McLaughlin , just saw this - do tell, where the heck do you find fresh fish in OC?
We’re up in South Bethany and the guy at SB Seafood was telling us that all the stuff the local retail stores have has to come from Philly because of government inspections...

(Tangential per peeve is local seafood restaurants selling Scottish [farmed...] salmon or some other import! Didja happen to notice the big ocean nearby??)

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@msavold I live in Ocean Pines which you may know is not far from the docks in WOC. Over the years I have gotten to know one of the Captains where I can purchase fresh fish especially tuna and during the season can sometimes get swordfish. Depending when I show up sometimes the fish is frozen and that is OK by me as I often freeze it when I get home.[flag]