• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX-210 Storage cove

Brian Millette

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would like to find a cover that I could use when storing my 2017 SX-210 with the bimini stored aft. Any ideas? Thanks

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a new mooring cover a few years back and kept the original one to use for storage. New one for in the slip...old one for in the driveway (under the trees). I'll probably get another new one next season and rotate them.

Brian Millette

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks, but I have a mooring cover. After spending 8 hours de- molding and waterproofing, looking for a way to cover with the bimini folded back for the four months it's out of the water. A cheap way to ignore the mold is the best way to put it.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For winter storage I used to put on the old mooring cover with a waterproof tarp over that. Bungee cords, string...what a PITA! Plenty of Damp-Rid inside did keep the mold away. Pretty sure any cover will accommodate the bimini folded down. This past winter was the first year I had it shrink wrapped and I must say, I will never cover it myself ever again. The shrink wrap cost me about $275 and was well worth it. I gave the marina the Damp rid to put in and the wrap actually had a built in vent so there was 0 mold when they opened it up!

2015 SX210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a Sealskin cover. I put the Bimini top down, the snap on covers on, then put the cover over everything. I do put a few big beach balls in between the covers to ensure no water pools in front of the Bimini.

YamahaCC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
This past winter was the first year I had it shrink wrapped and I must say, I will never cover it myself ever again. The shrink wrap cost me about $275 and was well worth it.
Yep, shrink wrapping in the only way to go.....I have always had it done to all my boats every fall/winter. The best part about having a tower and having it wrapped is you can then install a shrink wrap door in the spring, walk inside and take care of 95% of the detail work before every having to uncover the boat. Then when ready, cut the wrap, finish the detailing and launch a mint clean boat.