• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 210 vs 19 footers

adamncincy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The inline 4 will really suck the fuel as the chargers will both be spinning hard to develop power...other than that it should be fine. A few SUV's have 4 cyl engines and ratings up to 7700lbs.
Oh heck yeah it will! lol ... you're probably going to be able to literally see your needle drop in real-time.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well it would only be a couple times a year that we might have to trailer it. Otherwise it would sit in the water at our dock. I do know that when you install a hitch, there is software that is implemented or installed. Makes me wonder if it changes how the engine performs. Lastly, its a lease. :D

adamncincy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well it would only be a couple times a year that we might have to trailer it. Otherwise it would sit in the water at our dock. I do know that when you install a hitch, there is software that is implemented or installed. Makes me wonder if it changes how the engine performs. Lastly, its a lease. :D
I wouldn't worry about it then! I mean, the way I see it ... I know it's an arm and a leg for gas in both the boat and the SUV ... I just try not to look at the $$$ when it tops off! 🙃 😄

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and if I do look, then I just need to remember how much joy and fun it will bring to the kids and family.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and if I do look, then I just need to remember how much joy and fun it will bring to the kids and family.
Smiles per dollar is the equation to use. The rest is just details :D :D

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
now to just wait for the boating bubble to shrink just a bit so that a boat will be within the budget.

orionone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
@orionone

We tow our AR210 with a '14 Acura MDX SH-AWD. Handles it like a champ. Acura's AWD is one of the best out there with wheel differential distribution, can't speak for VW's, but it's fine. One thing I would highly recommend is upgrading the factory trans-cooler. Make sure you have one, but I'd assume with 5k towing (like ours), it has one, just upgrade it. I bought the most high-end I could install on it, because I knew we'd use it for towing. Don't go cheap here or try to cut corners. Another recommendation is that a lot of aftermarket trans coolers can be installed with the factory as well ... so you'll have two.

Height question... if it's that close to fitting in the garage, you could also deflate the tires a little to lower the boat as well. Not sure about your tire size, but you could shave off a decent amount.
It’s good to hear people doing it with similar specs. Our VW does have the extra cooler with the tow package so we should be good. How far are you typically towing with that vehicle? How often? Hills or flat area? Are you ever doing highway speeds? Any wobble or concerns at higher speeds or on incline/decline? I know every vehicle is different, just wondering with a similar setup.
Thanks

adamncincy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s good to hear people doing it with similar specs. Our VW does have the extra cooler with the tow package so we should be good. How far are you typically towing with that vehicle? How often? Hills or flat area? Are you ever doing highway speeds? Any wobble or concerns at higher speeds or on incline/decline? I know every vehicle is different, just wondering with a similar setup.
Thanks
I'm sure you have the trans-cooler, I would max it out though. There are ratings on these, plus it's a cheap upgrade. Here's what I bought: Amazon.com: Hayden Automotive 678 Rapid-Cool Plate and Fin Transmission Cooler: Automotive

I live in an extremely hilly area, in SW Ohio, in Cincy. In all the photos below, you'll see the Ohio River Valley contours. Our streetcars had to use inclines to make it up most of the hills back in the day.

I've driven 5+ hours so far with zero overheating issues.

1627400420188.png1627400445488.png1627400440895.png1627400530590.png

Just take it easy going uphill, give gas when going downhill for momentum, make sure trailer axle's are well greesed, etc.

orionone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I'm sure you have the trans-cooler, I would max it out though. There are ratings on these, plus it's a cheap upgrade. Here's what I bought: Amazon.com: Hayden Automotive 678 Rapid-Cool Plate and Fin Transmission Cooler: Automotive

I live in an extremely hilly area, in SW Ohio, in Cincy. In all the photos below, you'll see the Ohio River Valley contours. Our streetcars had to use inclines to make it up most of the hills back in the day.

I've driven 5+ hours so far with zero overheating issues.

View attachment 158331View attachment 158333View attachment 158332View attachment 158334

Just take it easy going uphill, give gas when going downhill for momentum, make sure trailer axle's are well greesed, etc.
Awesome thanks! I’ll look into the additional cooling. Our commutes should be 0.5-1.5 hrs max.