• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sx 240

@sho'nuff Yamaha's current promos are running through the end of March so it will likely be April 1st before we see the return of the 5 year warranty and possibly the 2.9%

@robert843 - Yeah that is my thought as well. I was pretty geared up to purchase a new boat at the show this year - but now I think I'm just going to wait and see if I can get a better deal in April. Season up here doesn't start until late May anyway.

One would think the best deals would be in the fall going in to winter time frame. Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't April be prime boat buying season? Meaning Yamaha, and dealers wouldn't need to offer such great incentives to move boats. I may be thinking about this entirely wrong though.

It's been my experience that only left over stock from the previous year is the only time I ever see a decent decrease in price off of msrp. For what it's worth...I got my mooring cover thrown in for free when I bought at the boat show.

I've got a 2010 SX240 and a 2015 F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost. You would not have any issue at all pulling any of the Yamaha 24' boats at all. I pulled it to FL from Atlanta this pas summer and it pulled with no issue. Got average 17MPG running around 65-70. One the way back I went 70-80 and went down to 15mpg.
The truck had plenty of power and plenty of power in reserve.

My friend has the same truck and pulls his camper with it. The camper is around 8000-9000lbs and he has not issues pulling it either.

One would think the best deals would be in the fall going in to winter time frame. Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't April be prime boat buying season? Meaning Yamaha, and dealers wouldn't need to offer such great incentives to move boats. I may be thinking about this entirely wrong though.

You would think so but I have noticed that for what ever reason I see more deals in April, May, September and October than any other months on skis and boats.

Saw a 2015 242 LS on Irwin Marine's website so I called them to inquire about pricing for it. After learning that they unfortunately had already sold the boat, I asked if they would be present at the New England Boat show. The salesman said they would and then (amazingly) proceeded to lay out the deals they would be offering at the show. This is an outline of what he said that they would be offering at the show:

Interesting on the sales tax. I bought my boat in MN and titled it in AK. No sales tax. Dealer didn't seem to care where I registered it.

@Noko - Maine seems to be an odd state when it comes to sales tax. In fact it is the only state I know of where there is a discounted sales tax for out of state buyers of vehicles (note that by discount tax rate, I mean a sales tax higher than 0 for out of state buyers)

As to your situation, the dealer did not charge sales tax because it is your responsibility to pay the sales tax in Arkansas.

from http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/dnr_vehicle_salesuse_tax.pdf

"Nonresidents who purchase and take possession in MN are charged sales tax by the MN dealer. If the vehicle is shipped to Nonresident's home state and registered there, he pays that state's sales tax."

The Dallas Boat Expo is currently going on and they are offering the Y.E.S. warranty for 5 yrs.
You should be fine with tour F-150

Back