• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

SX/AR 192 Trailer Height

Jason Talley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone. I had been looking at a 2016 SX192. I placed a deposit on it at our recent boat show and even went out on an AR yesterday to do a test drive. I loved the thing. I fell it is pretty perfect for our family of four and was really impressed with how (not loud) it was. It wasn't quiet, but definitely not as bad I as had expected.

I had been leaning towards the SX because we want to store in our garage and being that the opening is roughly 7' tall, I felt our best shot was the lower height of the SX.

I have seen the AR tower in the lowered position and it APPEARS that it SHOULDN'T be that much taller than the SX. Also, I have read with a Trailer Dolly or drop hitch, you should just be able to lower the front end when attempting to clear the tower through the garage door.

Does anyone have a 2016 (with new forward leaning tower) that they are able to get into their garage? Any photos, I would much rather have the tower for the structural integrity and something to hold onto when moving around as opposed to the extra captain's chair.

I appreciate the help, very much. We are looking to commit in the next few weeks.

You can search for my thread, Putting away the 190 to see us put our AR190 under our 7' door, its a 2014 it was a tight fit . The key is dropping the front of the trailer to lower the overall height.

Height on Trailer with Tower Folded: 7'9"

2014 Height on Trailer with Tower Folded: 6'8"

Last edited:
The tower of the new 2016 collapses forward rather than to the rear. Makes the front of the boat quite a bit taller...

I know that some have lowered their trailer in the front and let air out of the tires to make the SX fit, I am just curious how much clearance you would gain by doing that with the AR and if it would be enough. I think my garage is exactly 7'.

I have the older tower on my 14, but if you need a few more inches than lowering it all the way down on the trailer jack, I actually use a floor jack to drop it down even lower. My header is about 6'8".

I loved the thing. I fell it is pretty perfect for our family of four and was really impressed with how (not loud) it was. It wasn't quiet, but definitely not as bad I as had expected.

In a way it helps how much everyone complains about the noise. It's so constant it almost never is as bad in reality as you expect. That said, bet you look at ways to make it quieter once you get it. ;)

My SX190 fits easily in my 7' garage even though they state it is 7' 2" on the specs. No lowering and I tow with an F150, I like your question as I was wondering the same. Hopefully someone with a new forward swept tower on 19' can answer this.

I suppose anyone with a dealer close by can find a new boat in the lot with the folded tower and measure it from the ground up. Then you can figure out how much more you can drop it by the height of the trailer tongue jack when you measure.

Can anyone with a 2016 with tower chime in? I just realized that the heights were different than the previous boats, so everyone that could fit a 2015 and earlier in their 7' garage might not be able to with the new tower. About how many inches can I expect to drop if using a floor jack? My garage is right at 84" so I need to know if it's possible to fit in the 2016 in my garage. I plan to pick it up next week but now I may need to rethink getting a 20q5 if it means it will fit.

Im pretty certain you should have no problem. I have a 2014 and from what I remember, they are about the same height. My garage is no where as tall as 84". I believe it is 82" BARELY and mine fits with it lowered all the way on the front jack/wheel.

Let's hope so! Spec sheet says 7'9" with the tower folded on the 2016's which is higher than the previous models.

To err on the safe side, does anyone think I can remove 9" of overall height by using a floor jack and worst case deflate tires too?

I think I'll have the dealer try and get a measurement for me when they pick up the boat from the other dealer. If it can't get below 84" I'm screwed.

Last edited:
20160710_165258.jpg 20160710_165244.jpg

Here are a couple pics of my 16 ar192 in my garage.
My garage opening is 8ft tall, so it does give me a advatage.
From the ground to the base of the trailer toung set at 19" the top of the tower seems to be around 85"

Hope this helps.

@Dieselmore Thank you for those pictures!

So you're saying that with your trailer tongue not in the lowest position, that you're at 85" at the very top of the tower where the tow bar thing is? That tow bar is what worries me as it looks to stick up several inches above the tower bars. Is the tow bar welded into the tower or is it bolted in?

If you're getting 85" that gives me some hope as it should mean that if I lower the trailer all the way down I should be able to fit it in.

Last edited:
1468196893325-1784091256.jpg @haknslash

Here is a picture of how the trailer is sitting now. It for sure could go down more.
The measurement of 85" didn't include the tow point/light.

Nice! I think I'm golden then because the tow point light is not as tall as the gap you have left below your trailer tongue. Thanks so much for posting these pictures man. I may be able to sleep tonight afterall lol

Last edited:
Damn I just realized I forgot to include the 2' lip rise there is to my concrete floor compared to the opening at the door. So technically I have 82" it will need to clear or somewhere close to that. Still though based off your measurements with the trailer still on the wheel gives me hope as I think swinging the wheel and lowering the tongue to the floor jack will give me enough room to squeeze it in. I'm going to see if my dealer can lower his AR190 to the ground and give me a measurement just to be sure in the worst case scenario, unless of course @Dieselmore would want to do it for me :D. Don't do it if the boat is too heavy or if you don't want to (I will understand) but it would be of great help to know the lowest it can go.

1468199944549-1784091256.jpg 1468199993722-292783897.jpg OK this time I got scientific. I measured my ceiling highth in the garage of a 112" , then I measured from the highest point of the light to the ceiling of 24". So that leaves you with 88" of needed clearance at the highest point.

Back