• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX/AR 192 Trailer Height

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Shit not good news then. Thanks for taking the time to do this. What is the measurement from the bottom of the tongue to the floor? I think the caster mod allows for it to drop even lower If you swing the wheel jack out of the way.

Sucks it won't fit now and I'll have to rethink my options. Either get a 2015 AR192 or get a 2016 SX192. .

Dieselmore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The tongue is just over 10.5" off the ground. So you do have a little room to work with there. If you take the light off up top that would give you another 2-2.5"

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ah so the tow pole / light is removable. That really helps! I just read another thread in this section and I believe a guy was saying they got their friends 2016 192 in a 83" garage using a floor jack https://jetboaters.net/threads/will-it-fit.8853/.

So if the light is removable and the 85" you measured earlier from the floor to the top of the tower, then I should be good right? So there is hope once again ....I think lol!

Is the way the tower is designed have some sort of a stop or something that allows it to drop to a certain height? Do you know if something can be removed or a cable disconnected that would allow it to sit even further inside the boat? Maybe that would cause it to hit the windshield or something but I should have looked at the design better while at the dealership.

Last edited:

Dieselmore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are cables on each end of the tower that stop it. I've never paid attention to the cables and how hard they would be to unhook.

I didn't realize the light came off either, but when I was measuring I found it loose. I unthreaded it all the way, it seems the wires are tight. I didn't pay too much attention to see if there was a connector or not. If not it wouldn't be hard to add one or lengthen the wires so that'll drop out of the way.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks again for doing all the checks and measurements for me. Glad you also found out your light was loose in the process lol. I think I'm going to go ahead with the AR and hope for the best. I really prefer the J-seating over the two captains chairs on the SX, not to mention the nice tower makes the boat.

Dieselmore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No problem at all glad I could help. Yeah the tower on the AR is amazing. I agree with you on the seating the kids love hanging out on the bench seat.

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
My header is 80" and my 2016 SX192 clears it by 1". I'm not using the caster mod though, so that might buy you another couple inches.

chiefdup

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My header is 80" and my 2016 SX192 clears it by 1". I'm not using the caster mod though, so that might buy you another couple inches.
I'm thinking about buying an AR195 (thanks largely in part to a lot information from this forum). I measured the opening of the garage and I'm right at 80"- is the SX192 similar in height to the AR195?