• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX OWNER TOWING QUESTION

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did a brief search but couldnt see where it was discussed yet.

I always tow with the bimini top laid down on my sx 190. I cut two piece of pool noodles about 4 inches long and slit them. The pieces go on the stainless tuning behind the windshield between the gelcoat as a precaution. Does anyone trailer with the bimini up? If so, short trips only?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always tow with the bimini top laid down on my sx 190.
That. We used to have a SX190, wouldn't do it any other way! Those biminis are large and expensive and will rip at highway speeds.

--

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed. Would definitely argue against open position but upright is even sketchy. The way the bimini attaches to the windshield, I won't chance the sway in the upright position.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Always have them down, usually I keep the cover on the boat also.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat goes 40+mph... If you are yards away from the ramp and can keep speeds low... You could pull it off... But, beware!!!!! If you go too fast you will damage it.

Even docking is easier with the Bimini down, so I recommend sticking with the safe and easy... Stow it before towing.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
down, folded and under cover.

towing without a coverif messes the aerodynamics real bad and your mpg suffers greatly.