• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX190/AR190/SX192/AR192 Stereo Upgrade

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where did you buy the cable gland for going through the hull? I see them on amazon but they look like the threads are not long enough to get through the hull. how thick is the hull?
I am not following, where through the hull?

AdamB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
where you went into the boat by the base of the wake tower.

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
where you went into the boat by the base of the wake tower.
It wasn't very thick. I just used a compression fitting that's threaded on the bottom piece that you push up through the whole and screw the top finishing piece onto. Been like that for 5 years and works great. I think the entire piece is probably 1.5 inches long, and only has a 1/2 wide hole.

AdamB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It wasn't very thick. I just used a compression fitting that's threaded on the bottom piece that you push up through the whole and screw the top finishing piece onto. Been like that for 5 years and works great. I think the entire piece is probably 1.5 inches long, and only has a 1/2 wide hole.
ok, I was going to do the same thing but i dont think it is going to work with my cover.