• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sx190 fuel filter location

Fred Williams

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2014 SX190. Owners manual says to change the fuel filter annually, but it does not tell you where it is. Anyone know where it is? Thanks.

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good question, just guessing, but it's probably inside the fuel tank?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not sure on the 190's but my fuel screen is on the bottom of the fuel pump inside the tank. The only way to clean it is to remove the floor, pull the pump and soak/rinse the bottom of the pump in a bucket of gas (per the shop manual). image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The manual says check/replace fuel filter, and also clean fuel pump screen. I think what @itsdgm posted has got to be the fuel pump screen. Thank you for that info by the way. It looks like the part @jollyroger is referencing is actually part of the tank vent assembly. I'm just guessing here, but I think that black box must have something to do with allowing the tank to breath so a vacuum isn't created in the tank as fuel is pulled into the engine, while filtering fuel fumes from escaping the tank. I am not sure if this is what the manual is referencing or not. If not, where the hell is this thing!?!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The manual says check/replace fuel filter, and also clean fuel pump screen. I think what @itsdgm posted has got to be the fuel pump screen. Thank you for that info by the way. It looks like the part @jollyroger is referencing is actually part of the tank vent assembly. I'm just guessing here, but I think that black box must have something to do with allowing the tank to breath so a vacuum isn't created in the tank as fuel is pulled into the engine, while filtering fuel fumes from escaping the tank. I am not sure if this is what the manual is referencing or not. If not, where the hell is this thing!?!
On mine, the fuel pump assembly is bolted to the top of the tank. Fuel hose is quick connected to the pump on one end and clamped to the fuel rail on the other end. There's no other devices in between. So the screen is all that's on mine.

Here's a few pics of the top of the fuel tank and pump and the quick connect.

image.jpeg image.jpeg