• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX195 Passenger cubby/cup holder > SX190

TimeOnTheWater07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Curious if anyone else has looked into this potential mod. I have a 2021 SX190, but wanted to see if it's feasible (part availability) and how expensive it would be to add the SX/195/s passenger cubby/storage bin/cup holder area to the passenger sidewall. I was thinking it might be fairly simple to remove the wall cushion and cut out the fiberglass to install, but I could be highly underestimating it. Could be a waste of time.
I cannot find a part number for the plastic area on the left/passenger side.

Driver/Right-side part number is all i could find. It might work on the other side, but appears to be shorter/smaller.
HOLDER, DRINK RH.
F4C-U565B-00-00

Attachments

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Curious if anyone else has looked into this potential mod. I have a 2021 SX190, but wanted to see if it's feasible (part availability) and how expensive it would be to add the SX/195/s passenger cubby/storage bin/cup holder area to the passenger sidewall. I was thinking it might be fairly simple to remove the wall cushion and cut out the fiberglass to install, but I could be highly underestimating it. Could be a waste of time.
I cannot find a part number for the plastic area on the left/passenger side.

Driver/Right-side part number is all i could find. It might work on the other side, but appears to be shorter/smaller.
HOLDER, DRINK RH.
F4C-U565B-00-00
Should fit, but you could measure inside the gunnel. It is probably reversible- like a mirror image. I am sure the rear cubby drink holder would fit too https://www.partzilla.com/product/yamaha/F4C-U4278-00-00?ref=7707054b27608c4d85e7c64bfc48d1aa944a35ca

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's a cool idea and probably would work but I'm a complete wuss just drilling into my unit for the odd wire or accessory. Cutting that much of the interior wall would cause anatomy shrinkage.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's a cool idea and probably would work but I'm a complete wuss just drilling into my unit for the odd wire or accessory. Cutting that much of the interior wall would cause anatomy shrinkage.
Come on Hawaii / don’t be scared you can do it!
Btw - headed out to Oahu to visit my father, would be great to buy you a beer and catch up. Have enjoyed following your vids and posts

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Cutting a hole into the hull of my boat was intense for running the transducer to my Garmin. Definitely a butt puckering moment.

TimeOnTheWater07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Totally understand, and I'm right there with you, but since this would be an interior/nowhere near the water line mod, I figured there was less risk and a nice plastic edge would hide defects. I could not find the exact part anywhere so the idea is tabled for now. The drivers side part is too small to make it worth the hassle.

I've also been looking at a lot of posts around GPS/depth/fish finders, but running a new transducer and poking a hole near the water line has me nervous.
@Thermobrett - Do you like that model Garmin? Where did you run the cable out of? I've seen some Simrads and others being mounted flush in the dash that look really nice.
Another random question - I've been looking into the bow filler cushions for my sx190, mainly for my kids. Do you use them much or is it just waste and they take up storage space?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Love my
Totally understand, and I'm right there with you, but since this would be an interior/nowhere near the water line mod, I figured there was less risk and a nice plastic edge would hide defects. I could not find the exact part anywhere so the idea is tabled for now. The drivers side part is too small to make it worth the hassle.

I've also been looking at a lot of posts around GPS/depth/fish finders, but running a new transducer and poking a hole near the water line has me nervous.
@Thermobrett - Do you like that model Garmin? Where did you run the cable out of? I've seen some Simrads and others being mounted flush in the dash that look really nice.
Another random question - I've been looking into the bow filler cushions for my sx190, mainly for my kids. Do you use them much or is it just waste and they take up storage space?
I love my Garmin unit. As the Simrad GO units are fantastic, I was more less looking for straight routes from one place to another and I also gained the chirp, down scan and side scan features for transducer with Garmin Active Captain on my phone so I can create routes from my couch. The Simrad units flush mount into the dash but I put my Garmin off to the side as it’s a 7” screen. Really doesn’t bother me other than blocking my phone holder, but I have a suction mount wireless holder on my windscreen I plug my phone into to Bluetooth for my radio.
As for the bow filler pad, I have probably used mine 3 times since owning the boat, very rarely do I get 3 people on the bow while running and most times it’s to hot to sit up there when anchored. I keep it next to my batter under the port stern seat in the event it’s actually needed.
DA9D4784-DB30-4E0C-904C-E196BA78B284.jpegCE9567BC-4DDA-4754-B833-1DF8A1DFBE84.jpeg

TimeOnTheWater07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love my

I love my Garmin unit. As the Simrad GO units are fantastic, I was more less looking for straight routes from one place to another and I also gained the chirp, down scan and side scan features for transducer with Garmin Active Captain on my phone so I can create routes from my couch. The Simrad units flush mount into the dash but I put my Garmin off to the side as it’s a 7” screen. Really doesn’t bother me other than blocking my phone holder, but I have a suction mount wireless holder on my windscreen I plug my phone into to Bluetooth for my radio.
As for the bow filler pad, I have probably used mine 3 times since owning the boat, very rarely do I get 3 people on the bow while running and most times it’s to hot to sit up there when anchored. I keep it next to my batter under the port stern seat in the event it’s actually needed.
View attachment 196984View attachment 196986
Looks great, nice work! I've been looking at the 64cv among others. Looking more for GPS, chartplotting, depth, as I don't fish.
Do you have a pic of the transducer or where you drilled the hole for the cable?
Appreciate the feedback on the cushions. Those have dropped on my list.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I purchased a transom saver off of Amazon. The less holes I can drill the better. Just note you still need to drill a hole through the hull to fish the cable. I mounted mine on the port side to reduce the chances of somebody hitting it when boarding from the swim ladder on the starboard side. Adding the help from @FSH 210 Sport for the correct transducer location to avoid interference from the pump.
FA52F71E-BFD7-4072-9BCB-82B3EF3B0C64.jpeg

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

What about the starboard rear compartment, not the driver side?

TimeOnTheWater07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What about the starboard rear compartment, not the driver side?
Looked at that too, but no mini-bin in-between the cup holders and the shape is a bit taller than I think would look good, trying to fill in the space where the cushion is now. Wasn't a huge priority, just a thought.
195s_bins.jpg

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looked at that too, but no mini-bin in-between the cup holders and the shape is a bit taller than I think would look good, trying to fill in the space where the cushion is now. Wasn't a huge priority, just a thought.
View attachment 197050
Maybe find one in a Salvage yard in Florida?

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Come on Hawaii / don’t be scared you can do it!
Btw - headed out to Oahu to visit my father, would be great to buy you a beer and catch up. Have enjoyed following your vids and posts

Aloha,

When are you due in? Sounds like a plan!