• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX210 2007 battery is not charging. stator and rectifier/regulator are OK

Marie.L

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've found many answers to my problems, but not this one. I was on a family trip when suddenly smoke came from my port engine. The smoke came from the rectifier/regulator. Measured this and all diodes were broken. Measured the stator 1-2 2-3 1-3, all good. I then bought and installed a new rectifier/regulator. Engine started, but the battery does not charge and the rectifier/regulator gets very hot. I swapped this with my starboard engine and everything works fine there. So I am left with a good stator and rectifier/regulator but the battery is not charging. Then I followed the cable and saw that it went to a fuse box. Checked all fuses and everything ok. Checked all connections, tested the beep from my battery to the connector and everything seems fine. Can anyone help me where else I can look or what the problem could be?
fuse box.jpgBroken rectifier.JPGstarboard rectifier.jpg