• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sx210 2020 Sound System

dwlovatt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Been taking our brand new sx210 out for a few weeks now and really loving the ride; great fun. But you just can’t hear the stereo.
What upgrades do others recommend to make it so tge captain can actually hear the tunes :)

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not overly familiar with how they equipped the 2020 sx210. From the literature, it looks like you have 4 speakers, but unsure of the brand and what head unit you have.

Most head units only put out around 15-20w RMS. I would suggest adding an amp and seeing if that solves your problem, or if the issue is the lack of fidelity from the speakers, requiring a larger investment.

Look up the speakers to see what they are rated for power wise and confirming if they are 4ohm. (The back of the speakers should either be stamped or have a sticker indicating the model number and potentially the specs). Then match to an amp. Also ask yourself if you may want a sub down the line. That way you can by 1 amp now (5 channel) vs potentially two down the line.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just realized this was your first post...

welcome aboard and congrats on the boat! Where do you boat primarily? (Noticed location was omitted in your profile)

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Four new speakers and an amp is usually enough to hear underway. I'd recommend adding two more speakers to center of boat.

Dpod13

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good morning, and welcome. I have the same boat, therefore had the same problem unfortunately. I upgraded the speakers 2 years ago and added a subwoofer under the seat. we can now hear at all speeds. I had the stock speakers replaced with Alpine r-65s’s. Had a JL sub installed in a marine box under the seat behind the helm. JL amp installed on the backside of the dash. worked out very well.