• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Simplest Tower Speaker add?

knoxboatin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi, what is the minimum change I can make to add tower speakers to a 2021 AR210, or is there another strategy for getting sound to the swim platform? I doubt that I can just wire in the load on my existing head unit without adding an amp of some sort, but I am not looking for a wholesale swap-out of the sound system. Also not looking to cut any holes in the fiberglass for new speakers.

We are mostly happy with the volume level of the stock stereo in-boat, but we spend lots of time on the swim platform and so then have to crank it just to still hear. Or people in-boat get blasted out in order for us to hear the music out on the platform. We have not had to mess much with keeping the battery charged so far even though we sit anchored for hours streaming bluetooth music, and probably boat-ride 25 min or so each way back and forth to our favorite cove. So minimal added electrical load would be ideal. Thanks for any suggestion!

Edit... this is the stock head by the way, Infinity PRV-315.2: Infinity INFPRV315.2

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Tower speakers on a 21' boat is going to hurt your head due to they hang too low. A sound bar may work best.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Tower speakers on a 21' boat is going to hurt your head due to they hang too low. A sound bar may work best.
This is such a blanket statement... and is really misleading.

So many factors here - size of tower speakers, height of owner/users, location of mounting.

My 9" Horns are placed out of the way, no one has issues with those. I have a soundbar mounted at the highest point in the center and have taller friend that hit it.

.....Though I agree, an amplified soundbar is probably the best bet for the OP.

Gump1976

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I came across this post on fb regarding an exogear sound bar that mounts right up to the tower and there’s no wiring. May work for you?
IMG_1643.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi, what is the minimum change I can make to add tower speakers to a 2021 AR210, or is there another strategy for getting sound to the swim platform? I doubt that I can just wire in the load on my existing head unit without adding an amp of some sort, but I am not looking for a wholesale swap-out of the sound system. Also not looking to cut any holes in the fiberglass for new speakers.

We are mostly happy with the volume level of the stock stereo in-boat, but we spend lots of time on the swim platform and so then have to crank it just to still hear. Or people in-boat get blasted out in order for us to hear the music out on the platform. We have not had to mess much with keeping the battery charged so far even though we sit anchored for hours streaming bluetooth music, and probably boat-ride 25 min or so each way back and forth to our favorite cove. So minimal added electrical load would be ideal. Thanks for any suggestion!

Edit... this is the stock head by the way, Infinity PRV-315.2: Infinity INFPRV315.2
Wet Sounds Stealth 10 Ultra HD All-in-one Amplified Soundbar with Remote - White <--I bought a refurbished one of those for $500

I had the same intention and problem. We liked the stock stuff in the boat, but didn't have anything when we were in the water. Got a black version of that Stealth Ultra HD and mounted it to the tower. Couple things that make this super attractive to us.
Wiring is dead simple; B+, B-, and 3.5mm Audio in. Cables ran down the tower easily and attached to battery. Then used RCA-3.5mm Adapter and a long cable to hook up signal. Also, the soundbar has separate volume control, so you can adjust the bias to soundbar vs in boat. This lets the kids play in the boat, and we can still hear the music outside the boat while swimming/lounging.

The soundbar has exceptional clarity and volume, but ZERO bass output. If you aren't an audiophile, and are OK with that, it's amazing. Makes some people upset though. We love it. Between the soundbar and updating the stock speakers to Polk DB651s from the "Marine Audio" pieces that were in there, the sound is acceptable, and we can hear it while on plane, or while in the water. Soundbar has enough power to reach a wakeboarder if you can handle the volume in the cockpit at that level. It's relatively inexpensive and super easy to install.

At 6'2" tall I hit my head on it about 2-3 times a year. Usually when I have a hat on and forget it's there, or where I'm standing. Sill don't think I hit my head on this as often as I would a set of traditional "cans" on the tower. This was significantly easier to configure/install, and likely less expensive as well.

1687443668111.png

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Nope. I have four 8.8 JLs and never hit my head.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Got wetsound 12" amazing
I haven't heard them in person yet but I bet they BANG. Saw a Supra at the sandbar the other day, had 6 10" WS - holy f'ing loud.

gking

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Wet Sounds Stealth 10 Ultra HD All-in-one Amplified Soundbar with Remote - White <--I bought a refurbished one of those for $500

I had the same intention and problem. We liked the stock stuff in the boat, but didn't have anything when we were in the water. Got a black version of that Stealth Ultra HD and mounted it to the tower. Couple things that make this super attractive to us.
Wiring is dead simple; B+, B-, and 3.5mm Audio in. Cables ran down the tower easily and attached to battery. Then used RCA-3.5mm Adapter and a long cable to hook up signal. Also, the soundbar has separate volume control, so you can adjust the bias to soundbar vs in boat. This lets the kids play in the boat, and we can still hear the music outside the boat while swimming/lounging.

The soundbar has exceptional clarity and volume, but ZERO bass output. If you aren't an audiophile, and are OK with that, it's amazing. Makes some people upset though. We love it. Between the soundbar and updating the stock speakers to Polk DB651s from the "Marine Audio" pieces that were in there, the sound is acceptable, and we can hear it while on plane, or while in the water. Soundbar has enough power to reach a wakeboarder if you can handle the volume in the cockpit at that level. It's relatively inexpensive and super easy to install.

At 6'2" tall I hit my head on it about 2-3 times a year. Usually when I have a hat on and forget it's there, or where I'm standing. Sill don't think I hit my head on this as often as I would a set of traditional "cans" on the tower. This was significantly easier to configure/install, and likely less expensive as well.

View attachment 202572
Could you mount this on front/fore tower bar too?