• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX210 drains about 1 gallon of water from drain plug every time I take it out

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for my (little) out of topic question... What is a "scupper", and where is this scupper valve? Thanks
Great question. A scupper is a an outlet on your boat with a flap that makes it one way. On your boat, I believe it will be above the Starboard Jet under the swim platform on the left side, which is where it is on mine. We have self bailing cockpits, so that drain/hole in the back of your cockpit goes into a white corrugated hose through your engine compartment out to the Scupper where it drains outside the boat. These are plastic from the factory and also reports of them leaking or breaking have been reported. The Stainless Steel one that is linked, the Attwood, is the replacement most of us use and is a fairly easy thing to do.

Here is a link to a picture of mine after replacement.

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry for my (little) out of topic question... What is a "scupper", and where is this scupper valve? Thanks
On 2010 and older SX/AR's It was a self bailing valve located low on the center transom between the impeller units. Bad design. They wouldnt seal all the way, and water would make its way into the lower hull. As the years went by it was re designed/relocated.

I know for a fact that my measures work because I wake-surf so much. All that ballast, the boat is low in the water for the entire day. I dont take on anything.

Gonzalo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great question. A scupper is a an outlet on your boat with a flap that makes it one way.
On 2010 and older SX/AR's It was a self bailing valve located low on the center transom between the impeller units. Bad design.
Thank you guys. I always assumed that the drain in the cockpit went directly into the bilge, for the bilge pump to take care of. I did not know that there is a hose with a dedicated outlet.
Thanks you always learn new things here.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Every time we go boating and I pull my 2006 SX210 out of the water it drains about a gallon of water from the drain plug. Any idea where to start to figure out why. And on that same note, should I have all of my internal drain plugs left open or should they always be closed? Obviously the main drain should be closed when boating but the "cooler" plug and the 3 inside the engine hatch I have been leaving them open with the thought that if there is any water it will allow it to flow to the rear of the boat so it can drain when I pull it out. Is this right?

Is there a way to make sure I don't have water trapped inside somewhere? I go boating on the river so my boat gets very sandy and Im just wondering what if there is a blockage of sand under the floor somewhere? Should I remove the large floor piece to check? I'm just not sure how the drain system works and I towed my boat home this week to clean it up and whatnot so Id like to give everything a good once-over while I'm at it.

Thanks for any and all help and advice!
Check the housing around your gardboard plug (drain plug) specifically make sure the screws and seals to the hull are good. I’ve seen where those screws were loose. This can be corrected with 5200 sealant and is an easy fix.

adamncincy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length