• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX210 Port Side Engine max RPM 6500, Starboard 8500 RPM

jhoge

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm having an issue with one engine. In forward gear the max RPM is around 6500. In reverse, the engine can reach top out RPM that matches starboard engine at around 8500. I replaced all the spark plugs and not sure what to do next. The starboard engine also maxed out around 6500 for a few minutes too but then began operating normal. Any suggestions? Thank-you.

jhoge

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hoping someone might have an idea; fuel pump? Thank-you.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check your air filters to make sure they're not dirty or coated with oil. With engines off, throttles in full forward look in the engine compartment to see if the throttle cables are at the high stop position.

jhoge

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank-you so much for the advice. I went back and checked the spark plug connections, turns out one connection was not fully attached after i changed out the plugs. I reattached the loose connection and now both engines are running smoothly. Thanks again.

B-Rad SX210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
NA
Having the exact same issue. Good advice here, looks like I’ll be replacing some plugs and making sure they’re connected properly.