• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX210 Speed/Engine Questions

GRodda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This has 2 x 400 on the top platform (takes the whole platform) and 2 x 200's (from original Yamaha kit) each side of the bottom platform. Really drops the back though. I've experimented with 400 in the ski locker which lengthens the wake but not so high; also had two light people on board so need to experiment more with using the locker. We had 5 adults on last night with 1 x 400 in the main part of the boat towards the back on driver side, 400 on left side of top platform and 2 x 200's on either side of the bottom platform. Great wake but don't have a photo. I'll see if i can find any others.

Filling them up is relatively easy and I use tie downs to secure them but they don't really move much. I may not look as cool as the other folks surfing with $80 k boats but we can rip it just fine... new straps not shown here match the boat...

Attachments

dcmoore21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2015 SX210 I bought used. I haven’t seen it top 40 mph, either on GPS or the needle. Usually tops out around 8200 RPMs it would seem, I don’t go WOT very often. I don’t really need it to go any faster as I cruise around 7000 RPMs and we have young kids but this doesn’t seem in line with others reviews. Impellers look fine. Oil and spark plugs were changed before I bought it. Wondering why this might be?

GRodda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2020 with tower and stuff ; best I have achieved WOT with only me on board is 43 GPS and 45MPH on spedo but loaded WOT around 37-39. Port side max RPM 7500 and Starboard lagging at around 7,200 unloaded but looking into that because I see 6800 at full load which is concerning me. Until recently both maxed at 7,500...