• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sx230 mr1 low oil

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
My buddy's sx230 was low on oil after a run on the lake. After pulling the main drain plug, we got the dreaded rainbow water. It's the starboard motor and it appears we are getting some oil in the exhaust water also. Found rainbow residue during the water blowing out process. The oil in the sump isnt milky, but we will double check later today/tomorrow.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you sure it’s not fuel???

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Like the attached photo.

If it were dumping excess fuel due to stuck injector, I would expect the oil level to rise

Attachments

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess it's possible. But where is the oil going?
Like the attached photo.

If it were dumping excess fuel due to stuck injector, I would expect the oil level to rise
Where the oil is going??? My guess, it’s burning it.
If you had a stuck injector you more than likely would be making oil but I would check everything to verify that it’s oil and not gas.

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Good news. We found the oil leak. There was some corrosion on the face the oil filter housing. The filter we put on it has a slightly different shaped seal and wasnt allowing a full seating. We fixed that and it is holding.

The reason for the corrosion is a water leak at the fitting closest to the filter. Attached is a pic of the seal that is dry rot and leaking on the filter.

I've looked at some schematics and cant seem to locate a part number for that outer seal.

Attachments