• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Syncing RPMs

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I’m purchasing an 04’ AR210 tomorrow. When I water tested the right throttle had to be significantly further than the left throttle for the RPMs to match. Has anyone run into this issue? Or know how to adjust?

Madcityami

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I changed one impeller and not the other, I noticed the throttles no longer sync'd. "significant" for me was about an inch on the controls. The root cause was the not-replaced impeller had some slight damage towards the back (similar to the replaced impeller). When I thought about it, it made sense. If the impeller is damaged like mine was, it is less efficient and pushing less water...requiring less throttle to achieve the same RPM as an impeller that is "working harder". So if the same is happening to you, I would guess similar damage to the left/port impeller.

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Thanks for the response. Yeah that may be the issue, I’ll have to check it out when I pick it up today. Just curious if there is an adjustment on the throttles or on the throttle cables to compensate for this?

Madcityami

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I stumbled across this as I was considering the Jetboat Pilot Throttle Sync:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ask them specifically if they changed out the impellers as well. I'm not sure about the vintage, but many have different pitched impellers for port and starboard. They may have replaced it with the wrong side. That change in pitch could do it as well. Otherwise, it can be adjusted out as shown above. That video is money!

Good luck!

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Thanks for the video. I’m guessing this would work the same for the 2-stroke motors? I believe the throttle cables are directly connected to carbs opposed to the sidewall of the engine compartment.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it's just throttle adjustment it is either on the carpeted wall as on the post above, or at the throttle body intake. Easy to adjust with the nuts. Untitled-2.jpg

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Awesome. Thanks dude. Appreciate everyone’s help. 👍🏼