• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

T Top Wiring

Alan Crawford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone attempted to wire lights to the T Top. My question is , is there a direct channel that wire can shoot from the top to under the console. I have ordered a rocket launcher, not the one from jetboatpilot, that has aft facing lights, and I am going to mount the mooring light on top as well. I am not super concerned with removing the top once the wire is run.

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nope, drill baby drill. Little stainless clam shells can hide the ugly hole where the wires leave the fiberglass. Had to do this for the VHF, lights and speakers.

Atlas135

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Alan, What rocket launcher did you get? Any pictures? Im looking for one now.

Alan Crawford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I got the 7 rod / spreader light combo from Stryker T-Tops. I had it powder coated locally to match the stock T-Top. If you do decide to order it, take note that the clamps they use is for a 2" rail. They were kind enough to send out another type of clamp, however it was still too large. I ended up cutting a custom insert for the 2nd set of clamps they sent using PVC lumber. It actually turned out great, and if you want I can send you the template. I also purchased a white nav/anchor light from Academy and added it to the rocket launcher as well. I ended up drilling holes in the t-top to wire it more"permanently", but added quick disconnects to allow for top removal if necessary. I took it out the other day in 2-3' seas in the open and moderate chop in the bay with 7 rods on it and it had 0 issues. Overall, the quality and value of the Stryker Rocket Launcher makes it worth the extra work vs. spending the extra money on the JBP version, plus you get 3 extra rod holders. I will try to get pictures, the boat is in storage right now. If you do go with Stryker, let them know you talked with me, and maybe we can get them to come out with a professional product to mount their launchers to the Yamaha top.

Attached is a poor quality shot with the rocket launcher and the trolling motor / mount.

Atlas135

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok thanks!!! I think it's definitely a nessecity (even to just move the nav light to the top) Now I have something's to consider.