• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Table Rock Yamaha boat dealer (The Harbor)

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So after I lost my Bimini pole I remembered that there was a new yamaha dealer on Table Rock lake. I found it online and luckily were only 20 minutes by water away. We headed over and first noticed there were no public docks to go up to the dealership. My wife dropped me off and I walked up to the building. I saw quite a few new yamaha sitting outside. I talked to a couple sales guys who were pretty nice. They sent me down to talk to their service guy...The service guy wanted nothing to do with me. I asked if he had any poles sitting around which I knew was a long shot and frankly didn't expect anything. The guy was rude and had no intentions of helping or even offering to order the part. I am real dissappointed because I had thought since we go to table rock a lot we might start using that dealership. I will continue making my drive to st louis if I need the dealer for anything. St charles boat and motor are much more willing to help or just chat and come up with ideas for things.

Just wanted to share my interactions with this new dealer.

A kind word and willingness to help goes a long way. I don't expect every place I do business with to have everything I need/want, but if they want my money I do expect them to earn it. In fact I would come closer to spending a little more for an item if I have had a good experience at a business or they have extended themselves in some way. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the norm these days.

@Craig I 100% agree with you. They just weren't in to even having a conversation at all. I even lead with I was an owner of an 2012 AR240. Maybe they didn't like that since I clearly couldn't be sold a new boat. ;) After about 5 minutes of thinking when I got back to the boat and I had rigged up a solution so we could have the bimini up and providing shade.

I would email the dealer and explain your displeasure. Being a newer dealer the feedback will be more then welcome and I am willing to bet if you do decide to go there your next experience will not be the same. Since I also go to table rock I am now curious and want to visit this dealer myself to see if I have the same experience. :devilhorns:

I'm definitely gonna stop by the dealer because when we go to Table Rock we stay on Indian Point.

Be prepared to either go by land or have a second driver as my wife just had to drop me at the end of a dock. There were no places to just pull up, tie up and walk in. Let me know if you all have different experiences. Again, the sales guys seemed nice enough, but the service\parts guy couldn't give 2 $hits about what I needed.

We stopped by there during spring break to look at a Sea Ray they had listed for sale. They have a really nice showroom with several Yamahas that are easily accessible. The boats are parked on a floor that is lower than the sales floor so you walk straight into the boats.

One of the salesmen took an extended period of time to show us the Sea Ray and tell us the benefits of various models. We also discussed our plans to go to Bimini this summer. He told us about his previous trips.

I agree that their dealership is quite a way from the water. We drove back and forth while the salesman took a golf cart.

Hopefully you just caught them on a bad day.

you guys give the phrase "a woman scorned" a run for the money :)

First impressions mean a lot! ;)

Back