• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Taking boat out before the last freeze.

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I pick up a new to me 2015 AR240 tomorrow. The family will be itching to take it out as soon as we have decent temps. Between now and the end of April we can have 70's and we can have teens. I know there is debate on winterizing and the boat will be stored at a storage facility. What precautions are best if we take it out but there is still a risk of freezing?

This is my first Yamaha Boat. I have had PWC's in the past and would always run them a few seconds out of the water to clear them out but we never used them when there was still a chance for cold weather later.

Thanks!

Dan

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just like your PWC, run the engines out of the water to blow out some of the water box and don't worry about it, I might come back the next day and start the engines again just because you can never get all the water out of the boxes, you don't have to worry about water "in" the engine,

If it's going to sit for months I would tell you to fog and add fuel stabilizer, if it's only going to be a month I wouldn't fog unless you just wanted the practice and fuel only because of the big temp swings causing condensation,

I had my boat out a few weeks ago and it will probably sit until April now, we are supposed to have low 20's next week,

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Scott,

We will be watching spring break forecasts. We are contemplating heading south that week to play with the boat if temps are better down your way than up here.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
if you haven't seen this yet from our FAQ, it's a video on how the cooling water flows through your engine,
This was for an older mr1 engine but yours is basically the same,