• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Taking Delivery 10/05/2018

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,

I'm Mike and I live in Zebulon NC (right outside of Raleigh). I'm not new to boating but new to JetBoats. I've been reading posts on the forum for a little while now. I know I should probably wait until I actually get the boat, ,but wanted to introduce myself anyway. This coming Friday I'll be taking delivery of a 2019 Yamaha SX195. I promise to post pictures as soon as I have the boat, so far I only see it in the show room. Glad to be a part of the community.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board and congratulations on the new boat, be sure your first day is a calm one with the expectations of learning slow speed handling,

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats on the new boat @Michal

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome... there are alot of jet boaters in this area.. not sure what the status of the lakes are right now after the hurrican. Prob a lot of trash.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I'm planning on taking the boat out on Sunday, just me an another boater friend to do the brake in process and get used to the boat as well. Debating between Falls Lake and Buckhorn.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
:Welcome:

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Buckhorn will be busy on the weekend. I would go during the week if you want to have it to have it to yourself. When I bought my boat I picked it up on a Wed and went straight to buckhorn ramp. No one there all afternoon. And I mean NO ONE! If going to Falls I have heard RollingView is best bet for having little use. Avoid Barton Creek ramp.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Buckhorn will be busy on the weekend. I would go during the week if you want to have it to have it to yourself. When I bought my boat I picked it up on a Wed and went straight to buckhorn ramp. No one there all afternoon. And I mean NO ONE! If going to Falls I have heard RollingView is best bet for having little use. Avoid Barton Creek ramp.
Buckhorn is my goto as it only takes about 20 minutes to get to. We always went on the weekends, so I know what you are saying. I was looking at RollingView's webpage, by any chance do you know what the ramp fee is? I can't find it.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Buckhorn is my goto as it only takes about 20 minutes to get to. We always went on the weekends, so I know what you are saying. I was looking at RollingView's webpage, by any chance do you know what the ramp fee is? I can't find it.
Just answered my own question. The search functionality :) Looks like RollingView is $5. It would be really cool if this forum had a regional section.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We use hwy 50 ramp but it closes at moght so u have to have your boat out by then... however it is payroled by park rangers and it has bathrooms

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Buckhorn lake u say? I need to check it out one day...
Buckhorn is small but nice. Since the water is not very deep you will not find many big boats. I can honestly say that the largest boat I've ever seen there was 24 feet long. Some people like the fact that there is no alcohol allowed. If you are not a Wilson resident, the boat ramp fee is $10. The water is always nice and flat, so excellent for water sports.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! The 2019 redesigned 19fters look fantastic!

--

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat, cant wait to see it! Welcome to the party!

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Where did u get your boat? Chatlee or performance east?
Got it at Chatlee. Chris at Chatlee replied to my email and called me within hours. I didn't hear from performance for a few days. Not that performance is not good or anything, just Chatlee was quick and they have boats on the floor. Performance did not. Chris was awesome, no pressure, super friendly. When I got to the show room to look at it he took his time. Left me alone for a while to soak it all in. Very professional. I've bought many things in my life, and dealing with someone like that always feels good. I hate the stereotypical used car, high pressure sales. So far so good. I hope it continues on Friday.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Ahhhh... chris mayes... he sold me mine too! Lol he is a boat selling machine!
Haha... that's too funny. He's been a good dude so far. Do not have 1 complaint.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
IMG_20181005_145716498.jpg