• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Taking off the exhaust manifold in the engine bay?

waterboyh2o

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all,

I'm looking for some advice. I have a ar230 HO and the exhaust manifold damper gasket is leaking after I overheated. Part #15 on the below diagram. I can't seem to get the exhaust manifold off... does anyone know if the entire top box assembly and cylinder head need to come off for me to get full access to more bolts? And if so how much should I expect if I just want to pay to get this done? (if all of that needs to be done I will probably also order every other gasket along the way too)

Attachments

kjr6306

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's almost impossible to get the manifolds off while the engine is in the boat. Especially the RH engine. I learned the hard way..... Also, what is making you want to replace that gasket?

waterboyh2o

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's almost impossible to get the manifolds off while the engine is in the boat. Especially the RH engine. I learned the hard way..... Also, what is making you want to replace that gasket?
I successful took off the port side but yeah I don't think there is anyway I could do it to the starboard side. Luckily I only needed to take off the port side because the gasket was bad. I overheated and it caused a leak right at that joint. I'm now waiting on additional parts (I'm just going to swap out all of the gaskets and seal rings along the way since the pieces are already off anyway. While I'm at it I'm going to soda blast the manifold and paint it with alumiblast from seymour paint.