• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tampa, Florida - Lighted Boat Parade

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This may be a long shot but has anyone here participated in the lighted boat parade that happens the week of Christmas (12/21) here in Tampa, Florida?

I'm looking to get out in the evening and do it for the first time with friends but I'm not clear as where we're expected or able to drop in at near this location. My first thoughts is Davis Island boat ramp as I believe its open 24/7. I couldn't find any info via the registration link and I have yet to hear back from their Facebook page.

I'm adding in some OPT-7 LEDs soon like others here have done and for lights, I may keep it simple this first time and buy a few sets of the battery powered LED Christmas lights and wrap the tower with them and around the outside/topside of the boat. I do have plenty of battery (two group 31 AGMS) and I could install an inverter(?) but the battery ones are pretty cheap considering.

Anyhow, looking for anyone who has experience with this run, where you dropped in, how was it, etc...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We go to the St Petersburg boat parade. Also, our neighborhood has one too. Was not aware of Tampa's boat parade but makes sense.

Check HERE for boat ramps.

Davis Island would make the most sense but I'm sure it'll be packed. Might be worth a trip to check it out.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ralphsmithiii @DeanP

I was considering participating in a parade over here in Winter Park last weekend. Was kind of last minute and I didn't have a generator to power all the lights so I didn't end up doing it. I would be interested to see some pics of how you were able to decorate the boat. Probably will put it on the list of things I want to do next year.

nofd843

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Any lessons learned from the lighted boat parades?