• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Temp warning light

Pblake28

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Running my engine on the hose I got a temp warning light. I understand running on hose probably doesn't give it enough flow. I didn't have any water coming out the pilot holes. Maybe a couple drops but no streams. Does anyone know what temp the light comes on at? YDS had the engine fluctuating between 204 and 206
2006 sx230 ho

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
upload_2018-4-23_20-38-13.png

upload_2018-4-23_20-43-58.png

You might try to clamp your inlet line so no water runs backwards out the strainer, some people who flush on a lift find that helpful,

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Pblake28

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought the boat in February and the previous owner said he changed the plugs at the end of the season.

Im not too worried yet. I figured it was probably because it was on the hose. I'm hoping to get on the river this weekend

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
also, update your profile so we'll always see your boat type by your avatar

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They can be temperamental. I've had a few overheat warnings but never on the hose. Usually it's something blocking the screen, once a little twig was caught in the impeller and caused a problem. Had to pull the pump for that one...

Pblake28

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Brandon_SC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Possibly... or there may not be enough water flow in the water jacket to cool the engine since a lot is flowing to the pump strainer.

Pblake28

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hopefully it will be all good this weekend on the river.

Pblake28

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took the boat out on the river today for about 5 hours and no lights! But , every time I looked I only saw it peeing out of one hole. I'm sure if the other holes were plugged I would have got an overheat warning right. I was driving the hole time so I didn't get too many chances to look over the side. Any ideas?

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took the boat out on the river today for about 5 hours and no lights! But , every time I looked I only saw it peeing out of one hole. I'm sure if the other holes were plugged I would have got an overheat warning right. I was driving the hole time so I didn't get too many chances to look over the side. Any ideas?
Pee holes are just indicators and do not contribute to cooling. They could be clogged but it wouldn't overheat your engines. Just take some string trimmer line to the lake with you next time and poke around. It may take several times to get them clean. Also there isn't a constant stream all the time.

Pblake28

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pee holes are just indicators and do not contribute to cooling. They could be clogged but it wouldn't overheat your engines. Just take some string trimmer line to the lake with you next time and poke around. It may take several times to get them clean. Also there isn't a constant stream all the time.
That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you do need to figure what's going on though, as scokill stated, you engine can be cooling fine but it's good to have that visual indicator,

you could disconnect the discharge hose at the engine and blow on it to see if it's obstructed, if it is you can either use the weed eater line or compressed air to blow it out (not towards the engine and if you use compressed air make sure no one is standing by the exit hole or your wife's car isn't parked next to it because it can be gross and smelly) or do while your on the water,

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
you do need to figure what's going on though, as scokill stated, you engine can be cooling fine but it's good to have that visual indicator,

you could disconnect the discharge hose at the engine and blow on it to see if it's obstructed, if it is you can either use the weed eater line or compressed air to blow it out (not towards the engine and if you use compressed air make sure no one is standing by the exit hole or your wife's car isn't parked next to it because it can be gross and smelly) or do while your on the water,
When I bought our boat the pee holes were plugged. I disconnected them from the engine and blew them out (from the inside out). I couldn't see it because my head was in the engine compartment but my son said junk flew out half way across the yard!

Pblake28

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I bought our boat the pee holes were plugged. I disconnected them from the engine and blew them out (from the inside out). I couldn't see it because my head was in the engine compartment but my son said junk flew out half way across the yard!
I'll give that a shot tonight

Pblake28

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yeah I got some junk out of all 4 holes. used a small wire and air hose. I have good airflow out of them now. should be all good
Thanks for the help