• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tennessee hot chicken

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So tried KFC's Nashville hot chicken for lunch today and what a terrible rendition it is. For any one who has had a good version of Tennese hot chicken knows it's delicious. Very simple to make as well bread and cook your chicken and take 16oz of hot sauce I use Bulliards, 4 oz brown sugar, 4 oz ketchup and 2 ounces of apple cider vinegar mix those ingredients in a sauce pot and simmer and use the sauce to lightly coat the chicken.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First of all, it's not very simple for most people to cook fried chicken....I'm assuming you are talking about fried parts, not breast. I haven't had good homemade fried chicken since my grandmother died (don't tell my mom I said that)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First of all, it's not very simple for most people to cook fried chicken....I'm assuming you are talking about fried parts, not breast. I haven't had good homemade fried chicken since my grandmother died (don't tell my mom I said that)
You can always buy the fried chicken from KFC or your venue of choice if you like then and just make the sauce if someone has difficulty frying chicken. I understand the GM comment there are several dishes I miss as well unfortunately my mother was not blessed with the cooking gene.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can always buy the fried chicken from KFC or your venue of choice if you like then and just make the sauce if someone has difficulty frying chicken. I understand the GM comment there are several dishes I miss as well unfortunately my mother was not blessed with the cooking gene.
Of course you can buy fried chicken....I'm just pointing out "Very simple to make as well bread and cook your chicken" this is not true for the overwhelming majority of people.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'd just as well assume the overwhelming majority of people wouldn't be attempting this either, then. If you can combine these simple ingredients together, surely you can muster up some eggs, seasoning, and breading too.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Of course you can buy fried chicken....I'm just pointing out "Very simple to make as well bread and cook your chicken" this is not true for the overwhelming majority of people.
Ok my simple statement is that KFC's version of this item is not a good version and that the sauce is very simple to make and that's why I gave the recipe for the sauce. I will say though that fried chicken is pretty simple to make. You take flour and season it if you like or can purchase a chicken breading at the store. Make an egg wash which is just eggs and milk or if you want to add another flavor use buttermilk. Dip your chicken in the egg wash then your flour or breading and then you have several options. You can pan fry the item till cooked or flash fry to get a crisp crust and finish in the oven if your not comfortable frying in a pan or use a fry daddy or another type of personal fryer to cook. About 4 weeks ago I saw a friends 7 year old bake version of fried chicken since the didn't want her using frying oil and it turned out pretty good. If she can do it surely an adult can at least I would assume they can. You are correct though if you are one of those people who burns the water when cooking your ramon noodles this may not be for you.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
PLEASE just make their terrible commercials for it go away.