• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tesla truck / 1st time out with my new electric vehicle

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Seeing CentriPedal Bikes puts a smile on my face - they used to do my bike tuneups when we lived in Fremont.

Have you guys checked out the new park over by Ardenwood/Coyote Hills?
I didn’t know there was a new park there, thanks for the info. I will dig a little deeper and we may end up taking our scooters there this weekend.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just saw this video of the Tesla truck climbing what looks like a small dirt hill. Although it’s hard to determine how steep the hill is I’m sure (based on a few jeep events I’ve been in, including two through the Rubicon Trail, that the most basic jeep of any model would be able to climb that hill with a lot less effort and for a lot less money.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I just saw this video of the Tesla truck climbing what looks like a small dirt hill. Although it’s hard to determine how steep the hill is I’m sure (based on a few jeep events I’ve been in, including two through the Rubicon Trail, that the most basic jeep of any model would be able to climb that hill with a lot less effort and for a lot less money.

I’ve been curious about how new EV‘s would perform off-road. It looks like a lot of wheel spin with both the front and back tires. I agree that it doesn’t look very impressive.

Jim

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I wish it looked like Rivian or lightning.
Just can't pass the looks and size of that thing.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This reminds me of my 2017 trip on the rubicon trail. On that trip a team from Japan used a jeep they converted to all electric. They made it start to finish without experiencing any problem but they brought a small gas powered generator with them along with fuel for it since there are no charging stations on or near the 26 mile long trail. I believe battery technology has improved a lot since such that there would be no need to bring a generator or fuel for it today.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I didn’t know there was a new park there, thanks for the info. I will dig a little deeper and we may end up taking our scooters there this weekend.
And now I live in Fremont again... time to get my bike back to CentriPedal and that park!