• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texas Boat Owners (Trailer Inspection)

MIDLIFECRISIS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The goofball that inspected my travel trailer and boat trailer was under the impresion that if the traler lights worked the brakes worked too. I didnt correct him till he was finished with my trailers.;):devilhorns:

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
A few weeks ago, the kind lady at the local DMV/County Tax Office looked at my trailer stats and asked:

Her: "Sir, do you carry a bigger boat on this trailer?"
Me: "No, just my little ski boat."
Her: "OK, I'll make it easier and lower your trailers listed GVWR to 4400 pounds, putting it under the weight required for trailer safety inspection."
Me: "Um, OK, I guess that would be good."

:thumbsup:

Problem solved! It's sometimes good to live in a small county. Try one of the lesser used DMV offices if there is one available to you. Maybe you'll have similar luck.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I plan on going to the new Braunfels office, hopefully I can have some of that luck, I got my truck inspected today on base at Randolph. Figured id get it done real quick, didn't think there would be any issues....they checked my window tint, it's 16% and TX has a 25% law on the front windows, and my brow tint on my windshield is a 1/2" below the "AS1" line, I never dreamed the vehicle inspection would be so thorough and never thought my tint would be illegal:-/

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They would have a field day with my truck.... My windshield is tinted! It's like 90% and basically clear but it cuts the glare and reflects the solar energy very well. I will never go without it on future vehicles.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They would have a field day with my truck.... My windshield is tinted! It's like 90% and basically clear but it cuts the glare and reflects the solar energy very well. I will never go without it on future vehicles.
I'm going to try a different inspection station before I get mine changed, I went to a hole in the wall garage to get my boat trailer done, figured I would feel him out to see how he felt about window tint. As soon as I mentioned tinting he went off saying he thinks all window tint is dangerous and how he rides a motorcycle and it dangerous to him because he can't see through a vehicle to see what the driver is doing from the rear....
He was an idiot, took him 3 minutes to check my lights on the trailer and about 45 to enter the info in the computer, bitching about it the whole time:-/