• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Texoma about to go over the spillway

From Tanglewood Tower. The Island is up to the roof line...
IMG_1059.JPG

Whoa! Thanks for the pics, that's incredible !

So, what if anything floods if the water spills over?

Great Pics

I hear it IS going over the spillway uncontrolled, and that Lake Lewisville is very near that too. About 15 cop cars and troopers passed us going the opposite direction on I-35 northbound toward Gainesville, we wondered what was going on. Well, the red river, that flows into Lake Texoma, is out of its banks. At I-35 where it crosses the Red River just north of Gainesville, flood stage is 25' above the river bed. It is expected to crest at 37.6' tonight. And flooding will get worse and more wide spread. Love County in Oklahoma, and Cooke County in Texas are immediately impacted. They were also setting up barricades on FM 922 that crosses Lake Ray Roberts west fork. It is crossing the road tonight as well...again. It is the pond that is crossing, not the lake itself, but it is just at the base of the bridge bottom.

Jaws, you weren't shooting pictures from the seat of an F-16 were you?
You guys sure have a mess. And I just looked at your radar and it appears you're getting more storms right now.

That dumps into the river which goes into AR or LA right?

Wow, that's impressive!! Down here in Hill County (Bergheim/Boerne)about 1/4 mile away is the the Guadalupe River, which feeds into Canyon Lake. We received about 8-10 inches of rain yesterday. The river rose to about 50-60,000 CFS (average is about 200 CFS for this time of year) which pushed it from about 5 feet to about 32 feet! This is roughly twice the flow I heard reported being release from Texoma at the spillway. As a result, Canyon Lake rose eight feet overnight! We went 4 feet under conservation, to four feet into flood pool. And Canyon is not a small lake. Heavy rain is in the forecast thru Tuesday so I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better.

@BigN8 spillway just reconnects with the red river and flows into AR/LA. I'd be nervous if I lived in Shreveport right now.

Unbelievable, y'all be safe!

WOW !

Thanks for the updates, guys, and the great photos !
Stay safe - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

I'm betting it'll top the 1990 flood and break 644'. My parents' place last night picked up 4" and the whole watershed is still getting rained on right now. That runoff takes some time to make it to the main lake...

Back