• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thank you clean out ports

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Year 5 of my ride in the 212ss and for the first time I ingested something . Had vibration as we went to leave our docks for 4th of July festivities, tried to blast out the stuff but no luck. Opened the affected clean out port and was able to feel some wood in there. After about 30 seconds of messing around I Pulled out a 4 inch piece but still felt some stuck under the impeller. Couple burps of the throttle and we were clear . Thank you Yamaha for these useful ports!!

Those ports are absolute life savers for me. All hail the Yamaha clean out port!

New to boating last year. Sucked up my own hat first time out ever (thought I could swing around and grab it - wrong) & a rock in 1ft shallow later in first year.
Ports saved me both times. Could not imagine not having them & having to be towed to shore.
Hopefully less careless now, but wouldn't consider buying a jet without the ports.

Back