• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thank you reverse trick and this site

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
So, my marina sits back in a channel which is getting weedier and weedier by the week. I think the main center line coming out of the channel is chewed up by other boats and that trail of debris is what got me yesterday. To further the problem, we also have what we call "duck weed" which is small pellet size growth on the top of the water which gets into the channels and sits like a blanket. The duck weed is of no concern to my impellers but the chopped up weeds laying under the duck weed, which I can not see, is a problem.

So, long story short, after clearing the channel yesterday, pushed the throttle down and although engine reved up like it should, boat did not.

Immediately tried the reverse trick for the first time. On my first attempt, I didn't make a smooth transfer from reverse to forward on the shifter. Didn't have the button pushed and go stuck in neutral for a couple seconds. So, on try 2, everything went smoothly. Fast in reverse. Kill engines. Throw boat into forward. Started her up and off we went for a beautiful day on the water.

Huge thank you to this site for being here and sharing this knowledge. If I didn't know what to do yesterday, I would have had to turn back around and head back to dock. Probably would have called the service people and started asking questions. Most likely would have had to pull boat out of water. So, you all saved me and my family and 2 of my kids friends who were with us yesterday alot of grief.

reverse trick:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/easy-way-to-clean-debris-out-of-your-jet-pump-without-pulling-plugs.16/

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
and made you look like the superstar of the day!!! Congrats @BobJohnson