• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

The dreaded cover while trailering thread

I have been towing with the original shipping cover since last May, without the poles. I've made one and half trips from Cape Coral, Florida to Michigan. A round trip to the UP and a recent trip to Table Rock and back. The cover has held up better than expected but is starting to show some ware and tare. I have reinforced some areas of ware with clear duct tape in hopes of getting one more trip back to Florida this fall. I also have the premium black cover for short trips until I completely ware out the shipping cover. I'm going to try and pick up another shipping cover for long hauls if I can. I travel down the road between 65 and 75 without any issues. In my opinion the shipping cover does an excellent job protecting the boat while on the road.

@jcyamaharider That is a lot of noodles! I just use one across the main section of the windshield. Yours looks good though.

You can never have too much noodle.....;)

:winkingthumbsup" ummm....agree

I have custom snap-on Sunbrella covers and tow with the poles in. The poles attach to a vent in the cover and the cover is a perfect fit and is of very excellent quality. No noodles are used or needed as far as I can tell. The original owner had the covers made in Minnesota and they did an exceptional job.

Maybe some noodle overcompensating going on there... :eek:

Gonna see if I an find the shipping cover, I think its somewhere in my office warehouse. That will make this a no brainer.

Maybe some noodle overcompensating going on there... :eek:

More like I want this cover to last as long as possible and I am surprised that it hasn't went south yet.

Back