• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The life history of my SX210 (2009)

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First of all hello gents,

I purchased my SX210 brand new in Oxford Ohio. Since then she has been berthed at Kents Harbor Marina at Brookeville Lake Indiana. The lake is 16 miles long and reaches 110 ft deep. Its an Army Corps Engineer reservoir so its SO clean, and a joy to boat on.

My Yamaha came with 7 years warranty included, happy to say I never had a reason to use it. Right out of the gate I CERMA treated my motors, have ran CERMA oil, used CERMA grease n the impellers, CERMA fuel treatment in every gallon of no ethanol 91 fuel I have ever used. I replaced the stock plug for the NGK iridiums which by the way if you didnt know are the same plugs used in the Suzuki Hayabusa. You will get more power, better mileage, and trouble free operation with these plugs.

***I use the shit out of my boat. I average 80-110 hours on the engines each season. I change the oil every 5th time I wake surf............Yes I love to wake surf. Thats 2,000 lbs of water flying around at 7200 rpm for hours.......... I will only use 12-15 gallons of fuel on a whole day of that. I can surf non-stop for an hour or more at a time easy. I have a Wake wedge which is the stuff !
I change oil filters twice a season, and plugs at least once. (Buy two of the Hayabusa tune up kits), the plugs are cheaper that way than if you look them up in a boat context. Same damm plugs...................

My boat is professionally winterized. I buy a new battery every 5 years no matter if its good or not. I also dis-connect the negative every time I put her up. Have never had any battery issues. My boat is on a lift in my own slip, Fk boat ramps,drive there, jump in your boat, do your stuff, put it up, go home with a smile.

In all this time these are the only repairs I did myself:

-At 8 years old one of the blower fans bearings went ratty, replaced both.
- At 9 years the starboard neutral safety switch, one year later the port neutral safety switch
- At 10 years the starboard thermoswitch gave me bogus overheating warning. Replaced it, without removing the engine,...yes I'm coool. A year later the port thermo switch. (repair manual says lift the motor, yeah right.
- At 11 years the starter relays were acting funky, I confirmed their error by jumping them with a wrench. Replaced both. And for Gods sake don't use cheap ass Ebay crap. Buy Yamaha authrntic they are only 80 bucks a piece.

Thats it guys, these boats are Sooooo reliable compared to other crap. Everything above is just sensors etc. The guys that do the wint/de-wint tell me every year how easy and awesome it is to fire up my boat. Unlike others.............(Brands).
This thing is such a joy, I'm so glad I purchased it. So many hours of fun with family, so much fun with the babes.

PS I go by Tgen because I have a 1025 whp Super turbo methanol injected Genesis Coupe which I drive to and fro to my Yamaha with. : )

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Thanks for sharing your experience. I might have missed it, but how many hours do you have on your engines after 11-12 seasons?

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great story. I had mine for 6 years but it was trouble free and the best boat we ever had!

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So the first five years or so I averaged probably 25- to 40 hrs a season. Then I discovered wake-surfing. its been go go go since. the engines have 647 hrs each.

I had a "Takeoff" huge towable that could hold 5 adults for 7 years until it disintergrated. I have utilized an "Insanity" pylon from the get go. Great product but $$$$. But mine has held up since day one. Tsunami pumps all day long. Fat sacs all great stuff.

Did the wake boarding crap, but you know how that is. Unless the driver is a wake-boarder,.....................fuk too fast, too slow....bitch !

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I got on this forum to share, since I have all this experience with her.

What works:
-Jetboat pilot Thrust Vectors XL
-Jetboat pilot True locks
-Wake wedge tripled this size of my wave
-Yamaha re-designed the washout plugs base

Ican not emphasize enough how much of a difference the 91 no ethanol with the NGK Iridiums is. The first season or two I was like every other sap who used the only pump on the lake with 87 no eth. Paying 1.50-2.00 a gallon more than the fuel actually costs. From then on I have hand ported every single gallon of 91 no ethanol. I have really high quality steel fuel cans, its really simple. Siphon pumps are drip free, quick. My boat is never left not full, ever. The Cerma fuel treatment increases the octane even more, and my injectors are slick as snot. Here this season I ran a GDI treatment through the throttle body even though she is an MPI. Point is shes cleaner than when she was new, and runs accordingly. Here is what I used, easy just run 4:30 each engine.

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is a wake surf video. This was taken before the Wake wedge which tripled the size of the wave.

The photographer is my ex-fiances brother Dave. The driver is a dude named Ryan, who at the time of the video was an actual "rider" for Team Yamaha crotch-rocket drivers.
This video is six years old. At the time, the ballast was 1,850 lbs. 3 Fatsacs. If you go towards the end, you get a good shot of the insanity pylon.. Now the wave is SO much larger. So much more fun, tricks and such.

Maye this weekend I'll have my gal shoot some fresh footage. With the Wake wedge it only takes 1,000 lbs of water, and makes triple the size of wave.

Oh and the best part, I use two of these pointed back at the surfer, they are SO loud you cant even hear the engines. Just your playlist, bombing blue tooth awesomeness !

CaptainDes

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Tgen thanks for the great video.
Couldn,t agree more about the SX210...My 2007 just makes me smile every time I take her out, and she still turns heads on the water.
FYI I just re-built my jet pumps with Solas equipment and the boost in performance was fantastic first trip out yesterday.
My grandson told me we were going so fast that drool was was coming out of his mouth from the wind...picture a big old British bulldog type scenario.......funny as.
Reading your post you obviously know how to treat your girls:)
Cheers and stay safe

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I take it your in salt water ?

CaptainDes

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Affirmative....I live about 2 klm from our Port Phillip Bay, so very convenient with a great all conditions launching area 5 min. away.
Good for scuba as well.
Means a lot more time clearing the salt after a day out but all part of the fun.
Also take her up to some of our inland freshwater from time to time.
The salt was the main reason for the Solas fitout.......had corrosion bloom under the starboard housing ware ring causing impeller rubbing.

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine has been exclusively fresh water.

I was all over Aussie land when I was in the Marines. Loved it. I must say though, western Australia had some of the most inhospitable land I ever had to negotiate. Talk about no water.

midaro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First of all hello gents,

I purchased my SX210 brand new in Oxford Ohio. Since then she has been berthed at Kents Harbor Marina at Brookeville Lake Indiana. The lake is 16 miles long and reaches 110 ft deep. Its an Army Corps Engineer reservoir so its SO clean, and a joy to boat on.

My Yamaha came with 7 years warranty included, happy to say I never had a reason to use it. Right out of the gate I CERMA treated my motors, have ran CERMA oil, used CERMA grease n the impellers, CERMA fuel treatment in every gallon of no ethanol 91 fuel I have ever used. I replaced the stock plug for the NGK iridiums which by the way if you didnt know are the same plugs used in the Suzuki Hayabusa. You will get more power, better mileage, and trouble free operation with these plugs.

***I use the shit out of my boat. I average 80-110 hours on the engines each season. I change the oil every 5th time I wake surf............Yes I love to wake surf. Thats 2,000 lbs of water flying around at 7200 rpm for hours.......... I will only use 12-15 gallons of fuel on a whole day of that. I can surf non-stop for an hour or more at a time easy. I have a Wake wedge which is the stuff !
I change oil filters twice a season, and plugs at least once. (Buy two of the Hayabusa tune up kits), the plugs are cheaper that way than if you look them up in a boat context. Same damm plugs...................

My boat is professionally winterized. I buy a new battery every 5 years no matter if its good or not. I also dis-connect the negative every time I put her up. Have never had any battery issues. My boat is on a lift in my own slip, Fk boat ramps,drive there, jump in your boat, do your stuff, put it up, go home with a smile.

In all this time these are the only repairs I did myself:

-At 8 years old one of the blower fans bearings went ratty, replaced both.
- At 9 years the starboard neutral safety switch, one year later the port neutral safety switch
- At 10 years the starboard thermoswitch gave me bogus overheating warning. Replaced it, without removing the engine,...yes I'm coool. A year later the port thermo switch. (repair manual says lift the motor, yeah right.
- At 11 years the starter relays were acting funky, I confirmed their error by jumping them with a wrench. Replaced both. And for Gods sake don't use cheap ass Ebay crap. Buy Yamaha authrntic they are only 80 bucks a piece.

Thats it guys, these boats are Sooooo reliable compared to other crap. Everything above is just sensors etc. The guys that do the wint/de-wint tell me every year how easy and awesome it is to fire up my boat. Unlike others.............(Brands).
This thing is such a joy, I'm so glad I purchased it. So many hours of fun with family, so much fun with the babes.

PS I go by Tgen because I have a 1025 whp Super turbo methanol injected Genesis Coupe which I drive to and fro to my Yamaha with. : )
Thanks so much for this post! We just ordered a 2022 SX210 a couple of months ago and I can't to get her in the water.

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Halloween 2021, 59 F. Water pretty cool because of a week of solid rain. Brookeville lake. Wet suit bottoms only. Nothing but walleye fishermen, and ME surfing !

JBL's were pounding, thundering, all 1,600 watts of them. I did a non stop surf run of one hour 15 minutes.

Put my order in with the marina to have her pulled and winterized, but who knows, might get another day out of this year first

I fixed all my buttons on my custom cover as well.

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just did a day of wake surfing on Sunday, it was about 60 F. The water is about 50 F so I used wet suit bottoms. I love the fall because all the dumbass pontoon flotillas are gone,...the water is like glass.
My only company were a few bass boats on the coastlines fishing for walleye.

It was the greatest condition's in this entire season. I did a single run which lasted one hour and 30 minutes, awesome !!!

This season had record rains where the reservoir was the highest I ve seen. One day after a day of surfing, I went to my favorite Chinese restaurant, pigged out, then went to the base of the dam and took a nap. Afterwards I donned a vest, and used the "overflow" channel which looked like the Colorado river like a human torpedo tube. Right at the base of the dam where it has a release gate the water was moving like 30 mph, I used a running start and leaped into the turbulence. It took me down a chute, and 1/4 down river in like a minute. AWESOME,...this is me at the end getting ready to run back up to the release gate and do it again. I did it like 10 times.
20210724_162013.jpg

Last edited:

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is some of the run,....notice the fall foliage,..........and NO other boats..............HA !

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Looks like a good time. It sure is nice to almost have a lake to yourself!

Jim