• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The new ACE 300 HP engine. The game has changed!!!

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
BRP motors are limited during break in, used to be 10 hours not sure on the new 300 ace motors. I believe they use the 161mm pump.

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Used to be 6hrs now it's 3hrs for the 300 ACE motor

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
By the time I can afford to buy a 25' twin 300 hp engine Scarab I will be having my kids drive it to the ramp!

Darrell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
anyone have an update on the new corrosion warranty and wet slip info that Scarab is talking about? 6 weeks in the water, and 3 year limited warranty on corrosion?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
anyone have an update on the new corrosion warranty and wet slip info that Scarab is talking about? 6 weeks in the water, and 3 year limited warranty on corrosion?
6 weeks in water clearly showing that they want that carbon seal mess gone as much as we all do!

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Heard really good comments regarding the Scarab 195 equipped with Rotax 300 that was introduced this week-end.
Much quieter powerpack & impressive torque in the mid-range.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heard really good comments regarding the Scarab 195 equipped with Rotax 300 that was introduced this week-end.
Much quieter powerpack & impressive torque in the mid-range.
Yeah, but does it still use the Carbon Seal like the others?

Just Remember:

Be
Ready to
Paddle

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Roughly speaking there is above 750K vehicles that have been produced with this system since 1995.
If it was such a problem, lakes would be overflowing due to sinking vehicles using the Carbon seal.
The system works great when the installation is done correctly, or not overheated when running our of the water.

No system is perfect, I'm sure this guy is glad to have friends riding around with PWC using Carbon seal ;-)