• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official my boat smells like an open ass sandwich thread.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So it took 4 seasons but my boat smells like Ass. The sun top smells like dead people and the carpet is dank as fu#@. Is seadek worth it? and how to I get the dead people out of my sun top??

Last edited:

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seadeck, YES! No stink.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I spent three days removing the old SeaDek in my boat only to reinstall a fresh set. It was still worth the three days of hell. You'll love it.

For the sun top I lay it in the driveway and hot it lightly with the power washer, then scrub in diluted bleach (or Starbrite mold and mildew remover if you like labels) then rinse and dry in the sun. I do that about twice per year.

yammiman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
scooter1.jpg

First you need to quit doing this!!!

yammiman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
liquid-tex-ass-spray.JPG

Second, you might want to get some of this!!!

yammiman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Third, you might want to quit storing it at the local morgue, and forth and last, maybe you should take a real hard look at the girls you are dating!!!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
SeaDek is the best mod I've spent on the boat I think. LOVE IT!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I spent three days removing the old SeaDek in my boat only to reinstall a fresh set. It was still worth the three days of hell. You'll love it.

For the sun top I lay it in the driveway and hot it lightly with the power washer, then scrub in diluted bleach (or Starbrite mold and mildew remover if you like labels) then rinse and dry in the sun. I do that about twice per year.
You can always follow Yamaha's lead and install a snapped in Marine Mat (SeaDek, GatorStep).

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
But you'd still have to remove it if it gets nasty under it.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What about the carpet underneath the seats! That stuff really stinks. Who's idea was it to carpet anywhere on a boat that can submarine?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seadek is absolutely worth the money. I can't believe I even put myself through the torture of religiously hanging and shampooing carpet just to fight that stanky smell. My father-in-law even intentionally covered his foot in Georgia red clay and smeared it all over my Seadek to rile me up. I scrubbed it all off with lake water and my hand in seconds. Nice try Pops!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dek it. . . . You won't regret it.

Group buy is coming up soon.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get rid of the stank ass carpet and put in Sea-Dek. Carpet is too hard to fully dry it after outings. As for your Bimini top, stop putting it away wet. Take it off the boat and give it a bleach bath with a soft brush on both sides then rinse it well. Use 3/4 gallon beach to 4.25 gallon water.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I agree with the others, of all the mods I've done, SeaDek has been the most useful and worthwhile. The carpet was SUCH a PITA that I actually ended up removing it and going without before I had the SeaDek.

However, I do find the SeaDek not entirely easy to keep REALLY clean, and it is delicate. I had something fall on it, and there is now a "cut" in it.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
[QUOTE="However, I do find the SeaDek not entirely easy to keep REALLY clean, and it is delicate. I had something fall on it, and there is now a "cut" in it.[/QUOTE]

I've got a few cuts as well, but the majority of my SeaDek has been installed since late '13 (I put a custom section on the lower swim platform when I bought it) and I'm sure I will get at least one more year out of it. Great product and I surprisingly still find people on the lake that have never seen it before. o_O

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I went with the snow camo and you can't see any of the cuts, only I know where they are :) I have to agree that Seadek is on my top 5 upgrade list in no particular order.

Perfect Pass
Seadek
Keelguard
Lowrance Elite 5DSI
Thrust Vectors

Honorable mention
extra swim handle
boat buckles
welded bow stop
blue sea add a battery kit (with second battery)
throttle sync
True locks for clean out plugs
Fulton F2 winch
VeVe trailer guides with Smith lights

See my sig for the list of items I have and haven't done yet.