• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

The perfect paper towel holder!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ok, so rather than make another perfect paper towel holder, I have succumbed to the commercial reality that even Walmart occasionally has the perfect thing with a perfect price. I was looking for storage bins yesterday, and needed a paper towel roll holder for the boat and for my grill bench setup. I found the perfect thing. Stainless steel, a solid flat back so that double sided tape will hold it securely, and it is cheap! It is the
Mainstays Paper Towel Holder in Stainless Steel for $5.97 Other roll holders do not work on the back of the head storage door, because you don't want to have to drill through the door, and most of the plastic, wood, or metal ones have a hollow back where the tape won't hold well without full width and length to mount on. This one works perfectly and the ability to bend the end tabs inward allows you to adjust the tension on the roll to keep the wind from unrolling it! Here is the link...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Paper-Towel-Holder-Stainless-Steel/20605817
Picture to follow...
image.jpg

Pics will follow, but I mounted it inside the head compartment on the door, as high as possible without getting onto the curve of the upper door. That positions the paper roll so that it is usable from inside, and if you feed the sheet through the top door ventilation slot, you have towels available for the taking without the need to open the door or get into a compartment. This is especially handy with kids or dogs on board! LOL

Not as fancy as yours @DawgDaze ! It is probably more secure and easier to change the roll than the store-bought one, but it cost more in time and money to custom make it! It does however allow the wind to unroll the towels if you don't put a rubber on it!:oops: Not that kind of rubber!:playful:

Mel,
that is the same exact one I have. And I copied ur idea last year about feeding it through the vent....thanks!

I bet you could route a groove in the door Derick, but the vents on mine are cut on an angle and serve well to hold the towel a little more restricted. I think a guy with a good jig to follow, and a couple of layout blocks, a good plastic bit, could route a single or even two or three vents into their door!

Mel,
that is the same exact one I have. And I copied ur idea last year about feeding it through the vent....thanks!
I wish I had known and paid more attention if you posted it @Zarrella , I would have gone straight for it!

Not as fancy as yours @DawgDaze ! It is probably more secure and easier to change the roll than the store-bought one, but it cost more in time and money to custom make it! It does however allow the wind to unroll the towels if you don't put a rubber on it!:oops: Not that kind of rubber!:playful:
Glad you clarified that for me! LOL

I dont use no stinkin rubber on mine either!!.....lol

I have that holder in my camper's outdoor kitchen and inside, love it. Has just enough pressure to keep it from unrolling while traveling but loose enough you can still pull a sheet off.

Back