• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The the middle of oil change - need some help

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@bleudyno That is the correct oil. Take a deep breath :) I am buying it by the gallon now and just getting my filters separately. Works out to be cheaper.

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wth, why does the oil change kit show a different bottle that says “four stroke” then? Threw me off because mine doesn’t say that.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for chiming in. I think I can rest easier now.

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea I know......this was my first time doing a oil change own so I think I just panicked when I realized I may not have had use the right stuff. But at least i did it. Next time will be much smoother

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yea I know......this was my first time doing a oil change own so I think I just panicked when I realized I may not have had use the right stuff. But at least i did it. Next time will be much smoother
You’re a step ahead of me, I still haven’t done mine.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Now you got me worried. My oil is still in the extractor from a few months ago, and I just looked and I got a shade under 3L, probably 2.9. But it is what is so fuck it....lol. I'll be better next time😁😂

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know this is already sorted, but also trying to get the boat as level as possible also helps. I get about 3.25-3.5L out of each of my engines. Then I put that exact amount back in, and toss the left over quart into the boat as a spare.

Shir9406

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I did the same thing this morning doing my 10hr oil change with the same pump.. the I noticed the actual measure markers lol

Nevermind, I’m a dumbass. I was going by the ribbed lines on the oil reservoir but there are actual measurement markers on the side, lol. I pulled about 3.7L out which is about right

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had watched a video about doing an oil change on the boat and they guy was saying that each rib was a litre marker so I think that's why I got it stuck in my head that the markers on mine were the same. Stupid me, I didn't even bother to look on my actual pump until later.

Now you got me worried. My oil is still in the extractor from a few months ago, and I just looked and I got a shade under 3L, probably 2.9. But it is what is so fuck it....lol. I'll be better next time😁😂

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this is already sorted, but also trying to get the boat as level as possible also helps. I get about 3.25-3.5L out of each of my engines. Then I put that exact amount back in, and toss the left over quart into the boat as a spare.
Yesterday was the day the bring her bring from storage, change oil, spark plugs and overall clean-up. As before winter, got 3.25L per engine. I put back 3.5L considering the oil in the filter. sounds reasonable to me :)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check your Oil Level don't assume you should put back what you took out. Should be just under half way when warm and level for optimal level.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Check your Oil Level don't assume you should put back what you took out. Should be just under half way when warm and level for optimal level.
YUP! One of my motors was spot on at halfway, warm and in the water. The other was still at the low mark. So probably another quarter quart or so to get it perfect.