• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Things we do to entertain ourselves outside of the boating realm...

@JC6275 , that is cool, I don't dare show my son or he may be hounding me for one until his next Bday. I'm a little bit concerned about the open wheel aspect of the trikes as there seems to be a lot of contact between the real and rc drift cars at almost every turn.
I think he is going to build some with fenders over the wheels, and a tube protection to keep contact from the legs and feet... LOL he built the first one about 3 weeks ago.. you should see some of the stuff they do!! He is a pretty cool guy, he sees something he likes and goes in the shop and just builds it, damndest thing ever... And I think they do just have no fear...:-)

Last edited:
@McMark !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KILLER guitars ! I love the look of all wood and the 3rd one shown, has such a beautiful grain to it. Simply gorgeous. Well-done, Son !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

@GiddYupJoe , funny thing is that we now have three drift cars (his, mine and our spare) but they have all been pretty much his, I just pay and wrench and enjoy the time with him.

Last weekend we went to a drift event, basically two permanent tracks set up in the man cave (a converted home) of some rich guy. I was controlling my rc car while sitting in front of the owners Porche 9xx with a whale tail and roll cage. My son was sitting In front of the guys two 1978 Datsun / Nissan skylines. We played video games for free on his arcade machines. It was all good, $5 each to race all day, until I came back from a bio break and my son said, "here is the deal, see that rc bmw ($2k easy), we had a head on collision and now the owner is looking for me." The short guy with the purple shirt? I replied. "No the big guy with the purple shirt behind the short guy." I went looking for the site administrator but nothing came of it, it's basically race at your own risk and the other guy drove over the center line into my sons lane so if anyone should have complained it was my son.

FYI I bought two of the cars used for around $300. The ready to run kits with nicad battery and charger sell for $300 new (Hpi sprint 2). I went used to get the upgraded motor and speed controller that can handle lipos (Hpi apront 2 flux) as well as the lipos and charger for them. Drifting is not my thing, I hit the drift tracks walls so often my sons nicknames for me are Wally and pinball, so we swap the plastic tires for rubber ones sometimes and run them at the local high school parking lot. They go 55 to 60 (unscaled) mph and they get there fast. A lot easier and much more fun for me. A lot closer to home as well.
Thanks for the info. For some odd reason I have been looking at local hobby shops all morning and starting my research. So far Ohio doesn't look like it has any indoor drift tracks but plenty of outdoor stuff come summer.

Wow some cool things going on here. Makes my life seem kind of bland. Right now my hobbies consist of working on/ updating the house we just bought. Cleaning up the yard and pool area. BUT now that we have a few acres, I hope to have pole barn in the next year or some. Once that happens, I'll have some hotrod project going on.

About the time boating season ends archery season opens in Missouri. So most weekends I'll be in a tree waiting for Mr. Big Buck to come by. It is very cool to watch Mother Nature wake up in the mornings.
So I can #!%€ing shoot something!! Bwahaha....that's funny I don't care who you are.
Disclaimer: I'm not a leftist tree hugging skirt and some of my best friends are gun toting right wing nut jobs. Taught both my kids to shoot with a bow when they were young. I grew up with a love for archery although I have done all my hunting with a rifle or shotgun. Except that one time hunting yetis in Argentina with a sharpened stick.....

We ride ATV'S

IMG_94378751896.jpeg IMG_100143333456.jpeg

Well Bruce asked me to start a thread on my Bronco rest I mentioned in the Bimini thread. I figured why not start something that everyone could contribute of their extracurricular activities... I will start, you can follow the link to my Bronco build HERE. I will warn you it is currently 25 pages long, has lots of pictures and commentary. I hope you guys will enjoy it.

So, in post # 333 on the other forum. . . . . is that bed frame angle iron?

So, in post # 333 on the other forum. . . . . is that bed frame angle iron?

It is angle iron but not from a bed frame. I used 1.25 x 1.25 x .125 angle iron for the frame mount and 1x1x.125 for the mounting tabs.

Whats funny, is it appears to have a blue hue to it like much of the bed frame I pick up. Bed frame angle iron is fantastic for welding projects. I made a custom roof rack on my Expedition, fabricated a welding cart, a rear carrier basket, a snow blower carrier, wall mounts for my dehumidifier, concrete slop sink base frame. . . . . . All from free bed frame angle iron I find curbside on bulk days.

@4x15mph yea I know alot about the e46 as I have had an 02 e46 M3 for 7 years and an e36 before that.

Back