• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thinking about buying a new boat

rdubs20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hello Everyone,

I currently have a tri toon that I am thinking about selling. I am interested in yamaha or scarab. Either the 19 or 21 ft. What are the major difference between the 2 companies. I want something that isn't in the shop every other month. I like the AR210 but it looks like top speed is only about 43. I'd like to be able to go about 50 from time to time.

Thanks

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
arent we all? like all the time?

LOL

id go yamaha. cleanout ports, space, and the fact that the hull matches engine manufacturer. And that engine manufacturer knows what theyre doing.

Speed...my boat is lucky to see 40. 30 is a nice cruise for us.

good luck.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I’ve got a Scarab 215 and love it. Not sure what the space comment above refers to. Both Scarabs and Yamahas have tons of room. Like many other people, I looked at both before choosing the Scarab. Fit and finish on both were good. Power-plants on both were awesome, but I liked the jet pump and reverse gate design of the Scarab more. Depending on engine options, you can get up to 60mph on the 21’ Scarab. Not sure on the Yammy.
As long as you really understand what you are getting into with a jet boat, you won’t likely be disappointed with either.

rdubs20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thanks for the help. I need to look into dealers.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve got a Scarab 215 and love it. Not sure what the space comment above refers to. Both Scarabs and Yamahas have tons of room. Like many other people, I looked at both before choosing the Scarab. Fit and finish on both were good. Power-plants on both were awesome, but I liked the jet pump and reverse gate design of the Scarab more. Depending on engine options, you can get up to 60mph on the 21’ Scarab. Not sure on the Yammy.
As long as you really understand what you are getting into with a jet boat, you won’t likely be disappointed with either.
agree. with all machines.

let me clarify im in an 18ft bowrider, first crawling into a 21 ft yamaha. I was blown away. I dont recall the scarab model i checked out at the same show, but it wasn't as big. Im thinking it was a 19? "195" But Just felt like they stuffed a jet into an cheap I/O spot. weird fit and finish... Same as the glastron-i was super bummed too. Like it was rushed to market. And the dealer support was not good at the time... suppose all that's a little better?

But, Clean out port has to be a big one for me, should we go jet, because the Mississippi pool we frequent is loaded with floating treasures to suck up. lol and speed just isn't a big concern for me.. 30mph is a nice cruise.. the places we boat there's MAYBE 25 miles of water to explore.

I haven't looked at newer scarabs. Sadly, there's nothing anywhere near me to do so :( Yamaha either.

good luck.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Just talked to my dealer this weekend. He said that he just ordered a 2021 215 for a customer and was told to expect an Aug 2021 delivery date! 😲

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just talked to my dealer this weekend. He said that he just ordered a 2021 215 for a customer and was told to expect an Aug 2021 delivery date! 😲
I was going to put a thumbs down on this, but it is directed at what you heard, not at you. lol