• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

thinking...

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
XR1800 with 250 SVHO's ???????

most of the hard work is already done...

Just thinking out loud...

I think the power rubber adapter is bigger, so you also need to swap that. They are not easy to come by, but if you have time and keep an eye for donors at a good deal it could be done "economically" (hahahaha)

Perhaps you can swap hulls to a 212, the conversion will be less painful and the boat more marketable if you get bored?

Wild ideas.

Lol, I’ve got a 2017 ar 240 hull on a trailer that I’d be willing to make you a deal on of your willing to pick it up in CA. It’s missing the impellers, shafts, and steering nozzles. Soon the engines and ecms will be pulled as well. The biggest issue is the extensive hull damage on the bottom near the stern. I’m only semi kidding about selling it all.

seriously though, I think upgrading to supercharged engines would be very expensive. Unless you can find a great deal on the engines and ecms. The newer pumps and impellers are a little bigger as well but the parts you already have should work.

Lol, I’ve got a 2017 ar 240 hull on a trailer that I’d be willing to make you a deal on of your willing to pick it up in CA. It’s missing the impellers, shafts, and steering nozzles. Soon the engines and ecms will be pulled as well. The biggest issue is the extensive hull damage on the bottom near the stern. I’m only semi kidding about selling it all.

seriously though, I think upgrading to supercharged engines would be very expensive. Unless you can find a great deal on the engines and ecms. The newer pumps and impellers are a little bigger as well but the parts you already have should work.
Boats are like less regulated airplanes LOL when you buy a fiberglass boat your buying the engines and the drives... the rest is just plastic... LOL

lol unless its a Boston Whaler, Carolina Skiff, or MAKO they seem to hold the hull values down here

XR1800 with 250 SVHO's ???????

most of the hard work is already done...

Just thinking out loud...

I think it's cool to dream and toss around ideas. But the biggest issue when you say the hard work is already done, is my guess, you will have to swap pumps to the larger ones. As that HP may cause an amount of cavitation that cannot be cured with just impellers. But rather need larger pumps. That would make it cost prohibitive, if not physically impossible without major hull work.

I think it's cool to dream and toss around ideas. But the biggest issue when you say the hard work is already done, is my guess, you will have to swap pumps to the larger ones. As that HP may cause an amount of cavitation that cannot be cured with just impellers. But rather need larger pumps. That would make it cost prohibitive, if not physically impossible without major hull work.

I was just MUSING... I haven't looked at the 160MM pump setup in detail however a swap like that would be the whole driveline at that power level... 135 to 160 was small jump... and there are so many more variables...

funny you should mention cavitation tho... Im having a cavitation issue at high RPM with my LS2000/AR210 MR-1 repower... Solas concord 12/18 155 std pumps would start cavitating around 9000 RPM, switching to 155 HO Pumps and pitch verified OEM 12/20 impellers was much better and moved the bar in the correct direction as cavitation begins at about 9500 rpm but the low and midrange picked up dramatically like +5-6 MPH at 6000-8000 RPM.... Im in the process of installing solas dynafly 15/22 and talking to some folks about two stage impellers... the low/mid range/cruise performance of the boat is WAY better than the two strokes I haven't found all of my top end yet... the boat tops out inthe 46-47 MPH range at 9250-9500 RPM's and I have more throttle I'd like to see 10,200 at WOT with no cavitation and 52-54 MPH to call it done...

Back