• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Third Engine Replacement

Bummer man, even worse than mine, but mine is not running, so ... I get the heads back from the shop tomorrow with all new valves and seals

I would find your accessory fuse holder, typically mounted on the wall near the battery, and follow the wire to the battery. My bet is it got attached to the negative post on the battery. This happens a lot since the red wire is in and completely covered by a black protective sleeve which folks take it as a ground wire.

I second this.

Thanks Andy. Both batteries are in good condition. Had both tested. Although one is gel and one is wet cell now so I'll go to the store and get two of the same types (didn't realize not to mix gel/wet cell). But here's a few photos. I believe I might have figured out what's wrong. I hooked the one jumper cable (the bigger black one) from negative on BAT 1 to the negative on BAT 2. I believe to run this correctly in parallel it should be from positive on BAT 1 to Negative on BAT 2. I'll post a pic or two. Love your thoughts. Thanks again Andy.

Attachments

• IMG_3644.JPG
    IMG_3644.JPG
    572 KB · Views: 14
I would find your accessory fuse holder, typically mounted on the wall near the battery, and follow the wire to the battery. My bet is it got attached to the negative post on the battery. This happens a lot since the red wire is in and completely covered by a black protective sleeve which folks take it as a ground wire.

Andy thanks! I found the problem. It was the inline fuse. Its a small 20 but when I had pulled it out, it didn't look popped. So after troubleshooting a bunch of other stuff, I finally went back to the fuse, pulled it out and replaced it. And everything came back. Lesson learned? Even if it looks fine, replace it anyway.

Bummer man, even worse than mine, but mine is not running, so ... I get the heads back from the shop tomorrow with all new valves and seals

Sending prayers bud. But that's a sweet glove box. I wish mine had a glove box.

Hi guys, any update to this thread regarding the cause of the 2 bad SBT motors? Blown SBT motor here after a year. Dont know the cause yet but will report back

Back