• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

This sucks.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The marine called me today to let me know they ran into my boat. The good thing is they called and told me, and they are going to make it right. Still sucks but at least Glade Marina did and is doing the honorable thing.?
IMG_1146.jpg

Good thing they did not tear the cover. Friday the 13th.

This does suck...I have one for you! Loaded up the truck and the car with boat stuff today. Mainsail, cockpit table, bimini, solar panels, dodger, ETC. To put on the boat that was supposed to be put in the water yesterday, wife scheduled that date in Feb. I do this so I do not have to haul it up while on land. I worked all week on that boat getting her ready for yesterday. Scanned the slips today as we arrived and we were not out there. Went across the yard to find her still in her cradle, all the other boats around her gone. So, opening weekend and we are on the hard with no news from Safe Harbor Shelburne Shipyard on our new launch date.

@Safe Harbor Marinas and @SafeHarborShelburneShipyard has pissed off two more customers. YUP crickets. They would rather take the time to step a mast of a big sailboat that just came onto the Lake yesterday via the Champlain Canal, was sitting there plugging up the launching, than launch a repeat customer from Winter storage on time. Now we need to find another place to store next Winter since we don't like what Safe Harbor is trying to turn Shelburne Shipyard into.

The only thing getting wet this weekend is my dinghy. :cool:

Rant over.

Last edited:
The marine called me today to let me know they ran into my boat. The good thing is they called and told me, and they are going to make it right. Still sucks but at least Glade Marina did and is doing the honorable thing.?
View attachment 177783

Does suck, but good they owned up to it. Also, not a terrible spot for a scrape. A pro should be able to make that disappear. Good luck!

View attachment 177783
That’s a good Marina. Stay loyal!

Been there for 12 seasons and don't plan on leaving. Very pleased that they let me know.

This does suck...I have one for you! Loaded up the truck and the car with boat stuff today. Mainsail, cockpit table, bimini, solar panels, dodger, ETC. To put on the boat that was supposed to be put in the water yesterday, wife scheduled that date in Feb. I do this so I do not have to haul it up while on land. I worked all week on that boat getting her ready for yesterday. Scanned the slips today as we arrived and we were not out there. Went across the yard to find her stillin her cradle, all the other boats around her gone. So, opening weekend and we are on the hard with no news from Safe Harbor Shelburne Shipyard on our new launch date.

Safe Harbor pissed me off. YUP crickets. They would rather take the time to step a mast of a big sailboat that just came onto the Lake yesterday via the Champlain Canal, was sitting there plugging up the launching, than launch a repeat customer from Winter storage on time. Now we need to find another place to store next Winter since we don't like what Safe Harbor is trying to turn Shelburne Shipyard into.

The only thing getting wet this weekend is my dinghy. :cool:

Rant over.
I would be pissed too, the wet dingy doesn't sound to bad ?

yeah good for you they owned it! I wet slipped my boat 1 summer (never will again) and my boat was hit on the back edge of the swim platform. Tore a hole in the cover and took a big chunk out of the fiberglass. No one reported it and the marina had no footage of it, even though everything is supposedly in camera range..... I was not happy to say the least.

yeah good for you they owned it! I wet slipped my boat 1 summer (never will again) and my boat was hit on the back edge of the swim platform. Tore a hole in the cover and took a big chunk out of the fiberglass. No one reported it and the marina had no footage of it, even though everything is supposedly in camera range..... I was not happy to say the least.
This is one of the main reasons why I could never wet slip at a marina. Hate that happened to you.

This is one of the main reasons why I could never wet slip at a marina. Hate that happened to you.
Yeah, that and the part I learned about losing 10-15mph because of all the crud that grows on the bottom of your boat. I'd be WOT and get 35-36'ish top speed. I didn't have a lift.....

Hey, that's a superficial scrape. I'd wait for winter if they tell you they need a few weeks on the hard to fix it does suck, but they want to make it right, and stuff happens. You still got a boat that runs, not the worst thing in the world.

That is one reason we put our own Wi-Fi motion sensing camera’s on the boat. But mainly to see what is going on around us.

AFE2C981-A984-481B-B426-A821DAD01C80.jpeg
And this fine example of leaving your slip.

9FC92D59-465E-4E8F-83B9-59682D001F5E.jpeg
I installed cameras to monitor the boat during storms, after our Genoa sail partially unfurled during a storm and was flogging wildly until a passer by furled the sail back in for us. Saving us thousands.

It is also nice to see who/what is around your boat. The first pic is my slip neighbor checking on the furling line after the storm incident, Another camera shows the boat across the dock trying to back out with a stiff wind on his starboard quarter (aft).
It can be entertaining, I highly recommend having one somewhere, like maybe a tower.

I paid it back to someone in the marina last year when I saw this and furled it back in for them, just before the storm hit They probably never knew it happened until they saw how I had fixed it to the cleat so it would not happen again.

Last edited:
Hey, that's a superficial scrape. I'd wait for winter if they tell you they need a few weeks on the hard to fix it does suck, but they want to make it right, and stuff happens. You still got a boat that runs, not the worst thing in the world.
They wet sanded it and buffed it out last week but going to wait till the off season to get the scrape out. And yes it could of been worse. I found the dock hand that did it, gave him a little shit but told him when I was his age a made mistakes all the time and let him know I really appreciated his honesty ?

They wet sanded it and buffed it out last week but going to wait till the off season to get the scrape out. And yes it could of been worse. I found the dock hand that did it, gave him a little shit but told him when I was his age a made mistakes all the time and let him know I really appreciated his honesty ?

Just curious which marina this was. we are dry stacked over at Port Royale.

Glade Marina on Allatoona, this is our 12th season. There full so stay were your at ? I am dry storage. When they were valet/parking the party pontoon to the right of me, that is when the damage was done. Pic is from this winter.
20211204_173221.jpg

Stay loyal, hard to find people who would own up to it and take care of it anymore... Hope all goes well!

Back