• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Those with cabin LED lights....a few questions

@redthumper9 havent been home to snap a pic of the cup holder yet but as of a switch 8 actually just use the remote control to turn mine on and off. I have it wired up to a consistant 12v.

@redthumper9 havent been home to snap a pic of the cup holder yet but as of a switch 8 actually just use the remote control to turn mine on and off. I have it wired up to a consistant 12v.
Ok....that makes sense. Where do you have your controller located? Do you have to point the remote directly at it?

Yes I have to point the remote at it. I wish it was RF. I have mine located on my amp board, so I just open the helm door to turn on or off.

Ok cool. That's what I figured. Thanks again for all the help.

Keep forgetting to snap that pic. Sorry about that.

20140423_162114.jpg

Wow this is all so cool! Great job!

Looks like we have some work to do! Great job(s)!

Looks like I'm due for an upgrade.....I put mine in 11 years ago when they sold them singly ....so I have ONE in back, ONE in front, etc. The strips are the way to go. Thanks for the links! I'm GOING SHOPPING!!!

Looks like a clean job. I am waiting for a few more supplies to come in before I start mine. I'm thinking of doing a rather small install, and getting speaker rings at a later date. Not sure what direction I'm going yet!

Those speaker rings put out a ton of light and can be border line annoying. I remember seeing Mels speaker rings in a video and wow that was alot, but everybody is different.

Those speaker rings put out a ton of light and can be border line annoying. I remember seeing Mels speaker rings in a video and wow that was alot, but everybody is different.
Kind of afraid of that. Ill get it figured out eventually......not really in a hurry.

Your right @jcyamaharider , I wouldn't do all those speakers again. Now truthfully, you can dim with the controller, but it is just more light than you need in the boat. What I would do differently, is to come up with a harness connector, and install a lead internally in the bimini poles, so that I could install a strip on each of the bimini poles to be used when needed for dinner and drinks as a secondary zone. That way, when you are eating, you can turn off the cupholders and just run the overheads. That would put light where you want it and cut the lower flying bug population a tad. If every cupholder has that many LED's in it, it will give incredible illumination on bright, yet is can be dimmed to mood lighting:winkingthumbsup" Because each chip can put out a maximum of 0.24 Watts, so the 15 chips in each cupholder put out 3.6 watts! That is the equivalent of a 25 watt incadecent bulb. Since your mixing 3 actual chips in each chip, a red, green, and blue, any given color may only be a 1/3 of that total but white will have most of the light and I kind of see white as when they turn on the lights at a bar at closing time!:cool:

Back