• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts on securing anchor

FredCRN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
So I purchased and anchor and stowed it in the anchor spot at the front of my 2015 scarab 165. After hitting a few wakes, the anchor ended up at the back of the ski locker. Anyone have any suggestions on how to secure it?
Thanks in advance.
Fred

Nick Nguyen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It depends on the size and shape of your anchor. My boat came with one already installed by the dealer as part of a bonus package. This is how they stowed it:

IMG_9631sm.jpg

IMG_9632sm.jpg IMG_9633sm.jpg

FredCRN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for the response Nick. My anchor is slightly smaller and I pretty much stowed it the same as yours. Problem is, when I hit a good sized wake it'll bounce right out of it's little cubby hole and slides down along the ski compartment. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, how have you dealt with it?

Nick Nguyen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Perhaps a current picture of your anchor storage will help others to suggest something.

Gbd165

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 6 pound anchor that fits perfectly in an upright position. Lake Simcoe can get very rough, to it's been put to the test many times. I notice Nick's is 9 pounds, which may be a little overkill for a 16ft, 1600lb boat. Mine holds very well, in different types of bottom conditions. I also have a small stern anchor made for a PWC. I've attached a few pictures:

2018-09-01 12.34.36.jpg 2018-09-01 12.27.31.jpg 2018-09-01 12.25.47.jpg

Last edited:

FredCRN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for the response. I may have to rethink how I stow mine. It's shaped differently and as soon as I can get time I'll post a couple of pics. I know Lake Simcoe well. Grew up in the Barrie area and your right, it can extremely rough quite fast. Next summer I plan to tow my boat up there and play on Simcoe and Couchiching.
Fred