• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts on warrenty ?

Luke Lapham

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So the SX192 I have just purchased 2 months ago has a full warrenty until march of 2018.. I was told by the dealer I can purchase an additional 2 years full favtorybwarrenty from Yamaha for approx $1700.00

My boat is a 2013 and runs great.. is it cost effective to ou hat much for two years ? Any ideas what I have to look at replacing on a boat with 100 hours on it? Just looking for thoughts on the warrenty and what kind of claims people have been covered under?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you just purchased the 2013 you have listed then it had a 5YR YES Warranty from new. . . . . . . I was not aware that Yamaha would extend the warranty past 5 years (for any price) but maybe others can chime in on that. If it is NOT a Yamaha direct warranty (serviced by the dealer) I would be leery of it. That said, I have had several items repaired under the original 3 years that came with the boat and will have more in the upcoming off season (all of which are listed here: https://jetboaters.net/threads/warranty-items.2419/ ).

I did buy the additional 2 years to round it out to a total of 5yr YES Warranty and I am glad that I did considering the additional items that came about in the current year (#4). The first 3 years was included as a condition of the sale. . . .the last 2 years cost me an additional $375. So $1700 seems a bit excessive for an additional 2 years even if they are years 6 and 7 (which I am basing off the year of the boat listed in your profile).

Luke Lapham

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes it's through a Yamaha serviced dealer.. I just thought that it was pretty steep of a price. I was also told that as long as I keep my receipts for oil changes, spark plugs and such that doesn't effect The warrenty...

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Considering I got 2 years for $375, I would agree that $1700 is a lot. . . . . . The repairs I cited in the thread I linked you to would not have cost me that much to repair on my own had I not had a warranty.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Considering I got 2 years for $375, I would agree that $1700 is a lot. . . . . . The repairs I cited in the thread I linked you to would not have cost me that much to repair on my own had I not had a warranty.
Two years for $375... from where, not Yamaha factory Y.E.S.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So the SX192 I have just purchased 2 months ago has a full warrenty until march of 2018.. I was told by the dealer I can purchase an additional 2 years full favtorybwarrenty from Yamaha for approx $1700.00

My boat is a 2013 and runs great.. is it cost effective to ou hat much for two years ? Any ideas what I have to look at replacing on a boat with 100 hours on it? Just looking for thoughts on the warrenty and what kind of claims people have been covered under?
I take it was bought new in March of 2013 and the original owner purchased the factory 5 year Y.S.E. extended warranty. Yamaha allows you to purchase up to an additional 2 years of Y.S.E. warranty when you purchase a used Yamaha from a Yamaha dealer. I'm a big fan of extended warranties, the peace of mind it gives you, let alone the resale value it provides if you sell it while still under warranty is great.

Look at it like you purchased a great quality product and an additional factory warranty. But even quality products have issues from time to time. So you as the customer did everything you can to protect yourself, and Yamaha looks at it that way and in my experience they really take care of there customers.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$1700 might be a good purchase if: you live in the southern SALT environment and boat all year and every week.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yes it was/is.
I'd jump all over that. A 2 year Yamaha Y.E.S. warranty for $375, the dealer is loosing money selling it to you at that price!