• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts on what could have caused a small hole under my starter battery bin?

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I pulled my batteries yesterday and noticed a small hole under the starter battery bin (i.e. the furthest battery towards the swim platform), which was not there at the beginning of the season.

I checked for any debris or gravel and I did not see any. Further the batteries sit in the big plastic bins and there’s no damage or corrosion on the bottom of the battery bin.

Thoughts???

C4397A55-7727-4380-A253-22D425C0CD9A.jpegDE0A8143-0DAA-43D2-AAF1-314CB9872825.jpeg

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I pulled my batteries yesterday and noticed a small hole under the starter battery bin (i.e. the furthest battery towards the swim platform), which was not there at the beginning of the season.

I checked for any debris or gravel and I did not see any. Further the batteries sit in the big plastic bins and there’s no damage or corrosion on the bottom of the battery bin.

Thoughts???

View attachment 166802View attachment 166803
I'm wondering if the dealer may have spilled the battery when it was first installed? The photo with the strap almost looks like there was something that stained the fiberglass and also headed towards that discolored screw. I would agree that that deserves a dealer looksee.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length